Toomim Bros GPU mining software and cloud mining

Rx 480 8gb 6 @ $250 = $1,500 hashes at 61-65sol/s total 375sol/s

61-65sol/s ? Prove this by providing the ROMs and/or mining software :wink:

Dont have to.LOL 20 Chars. Edit your roms. Set your pc to best performance. I noticed virtual memory should be really big.

####Allocation
I have made a couple of mild tweaks to our allocation algorithm. Large customers should see a boost in delivered hashrate, while small customers should see a smaller surplus. All customers (except very small ones) should now be getting about 75% more hashrate than our stated targets. Very small customers (~1 H/s) will probably be getting around 300% more hashrate on average than they paid for for a while longer.

All but 5 of our customers have received more hashes by this point than we should have delivered by now, according to our official target hashrates. It seems that the median customer has now received about 50% more hashes than they paid for, although the average is not as high (our allocation has mostly favored small customers until now). The only customer who has received less than 90% of what they should have received by this point is eastwind_ja, who had removed his pool information for a few days.

Since Oct 28th, we have delivered an average of 5214 H/s to our 3917 H/s worth of orders. Over the last 24 hours, we have averaged 7057 H/s delivered to our 3917 H/s worth of orders.

####Claymore

The Claymore miner looks like it may be about 10-25% faster than our in-house miner. We may be switching to it soon, but we will need to retool our system in order to accept stratum connections from our rigs instead of the UDP system we’ve been using.

Having faster miner software does not change the contract we have with our customers. A 50 H/s order is a 50 H/s order, regardless of whether we fulfill that with Claymore or Toominer. Nobody is entitled to a free hashrate upgrade. Whether we decide to further overdeliver on our contracts is entirely up to us.

####Compensation

Still playing with numbers. Soon.

####Ferrari

Also, for those who are curious, here’s a picture of me with my favorite car:

I actually own three cars, because I’m a rich guy who likes his luxury vehicles. In addition to this 1993 Suzuki Swift, I also own a 1992 Nissan Sentra (the white car with a flat tire in the background) and a 1984 Mazda pickup truck. Ostensibly, I have 3 vehicles because they’re useful as work vehicles (or to loan to employees who are having transportation troubles), but the truth of the matter is that I like having fast, shiny cars in which I can cruise to the local barn hoe-down and pick up chicks.

3 Likes

wonder why but least you manged to get something early (albiet late) unlike those here without a backup plan that got sweet fa from jtoomim by the looks of it .

seemed fairly obvious that his offering would go pear shaped, All the noise and hype he was drumming up to sell it was, from what I could tell under the guise of day one delivery :wink:

And there goes 2.5% of your customers 5kH/s to a closed developer fee on a miner offering nothing better than open source miners. We were able to put 8kH/s online (that i know of) from one farm on day one with our open source miner. Have you considered that approach?

1 Like

And there goes 2.5% of your customers 5kH/s to a closed developer fee

Nope. If we use Claymore, we will pay the dev fee ourselves. We only count the shares that are submitted to the customer’s pool, and would not the shares that are submitted to Claymore’s pool.

Also, we are now delivering about 7 kH/s on less than 4 kH/s of orders, not 5 kH/s. It doesn’t make sense to use our all-time average figure in this context, since if we switched to Claymore now, it would only change the future, not the past.

We were able to put 8kH/s online (that i know of) from one farm on day one with our open source miner. Have you considered that approach?

Our day-one problems were due to our cloud mining allocator algorithms, not our miner. It turns out that writing code to aggregate hashpower and distribute it among stratum connections needed about 100 hours longer than we had allocated in order to get functional, and longer still to get working optimally.

Our miner is still faster than any open-source options I’ve seen, and was about 2.5x faster than any open source options that were working at launch.

STOP showing your car ,what you are doing is ugly, you are drying the blood of costomers ,You should at least give up some of your huge benefits to ensure the customers most basic cost income

remember that I insist you refund me

EDIT: Claymore has repackaged some opensource code. Inspecting claymore’s bins has shown copied blake implementation at the least which is an infringement on mrb’s MIT license on silentarmy. They are politely trying to figure that out but you should probably not deploy just yet.

You must have been putting out too many of your own fires on launch to notice.

You said claymore was 10-20% faster than your in-house miner. Other miners were hitting claymore speeds before he released… on launch day we were hitting 40H/s on one rx480, and claymore may well have repackaged open source code. I don’t see why you would pay an extra 2.5% for claymore even if his fee shares are covered by you.

On that note. Maybe you should open source your code seeing how it has been 10-20% slower than open source code since before the genesis block of zcash.

2 Likes

you dont spam like genesis does, your not that bad. genesis is a company i can hate without even being a customer.
but i do think that if you can help your current customers, its going to be better in the long run… but maybe your not in it for the long run?

claymore is just wrapping silentarmy, claymore is a douche dirtbag
just use silentarmy and give marc a donation :slight_smile:
and silentarmy without claymores crap-wrap is faster anyway…

wait… silentarmy is 2.5 X faster than what was working at launch… so your miner is no better then silentarmy?
now if you use “claymore’s miner” (should be marcs miner)… I will hate you

1 Like

Noted. I haven’t really been following competing mining software lately. We’ve been a bit too busy finishing the cloud code.

but i do think that if you can help your current customers, its going to be better in the long run… but maybe your not in it for the long run?

It’s more the principle of it, really. I gave our customers the ability to choose their own prices (via the auction and via the post-auction price-setting algorithm I used). It would have been totally fine with me if the auction had come up with a much lower price than it did. I also warned our customers that we would not be giving refunds. Now they’re complaining that our prices were too high and demanding refunds.

just dont use claymore’s and I wont hate you

I don’t really know what was available at launch. Our miner has been getting 42 Sol/s on an R9 290 since about two weeks before launch. We haven’t had time to improve it or scope out the competition lately. You probably can make comparisons better that I can at this point.

Maybe we should just finish optimizing our code instead of switching.

you can get over 50’s now on a 290…
470s are hitting 50 now on silentarmy

you should really check out

with the nerdralph modification (recently merged with silentarmy repo), and 3 instances with switch --instances=3

if you used silentarmy and told people about it, id love you

why not test it out?

since your already paying someone, why not send him to help marc? then we all benefit and you will get the fastest miner ever

then everyone will love you and not just me

cause your not going to get faster than his miner

think about it for a bit

greed always looses in the end
it is those who give to all that win.

you have a chance to be a hero to everyone.

We will still have to retool our hashpower allocator to use stratum instead of our UDP protocol. Until we’ve done that, there’s no point in trying any other miners.

Alas, mining is a zero-sum game. If we all benefit, nobody benefits. Improving an open-source miner only makes sense if there’s a faster closed-source option (or threat thereof).

Besides, working on our own code is more fun. That’s mostly why we started writing Equihash code in the first place.

cause your not going to get faster than his miner

We won’t if we don’t try.

i guess if you go down, mines well go down in flames
well i tried to help you… it is your choice not to listen.

no, mining can be profitable for everyone, we can all benefit. what you say is not true.

If Claymore is violating OSS licenses, we will not use his software.

no, mining can be profitable for everyone, we can all benefit. what you say is not true.

Mining can be profitable for everyone, yes.

However, if the software that everyone uses gets faster, then nobody benefits. The only effect of that is that the network hashrate and network difficulty increases. The game theory for mining is strange that way.

Anyway, we’ll try out other miners later, after we’re tooled for it and have the time. We’ll also try improving our own code further, once we have time. We’ll also add more GPUs to our farm, once we have time. We might also look at improving the slientarmy kernel code, if we have time.

thank you (its not really his software, its marcs, he just copied it, proof is in the pudding,… and the hashrates)

and yes if difficulty increases, its harder to mine, BUT if price stays up…
you know its a gamble
but I know, your not going to get faster than silentarmy
so think about it
always worth just setting up a single rig to test silent army on

and you can always change from stratum if you send your developer to help him, or if you are the devs, then you help him, he will be more than happy to help you, he is a nice guy. probably the nicest guy on here

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t you sell your auctions with the promise of mining from day one ?

This might help you with your answer:

You promised to send hashes via stratum.

Seems you also gave a guarentee.

You felt like raising prices.

Grow up.