Toomim Bros GPU mining software and cloud mining

@jtoomim, on November 14, you mentioned, “Compensation payments will be made within two weeks.” I was wondering if things were still on track for the compensation payments to be made by November 28. Thank you so much for putting together the compensation plan.

What you actually have is a number of disgruntaled customers who appear tired and frustrated by your constant repeatitive BS

Never trust a Toomim

The issue is that eastwind_ja and a few others misread the contract:

1. “We will not do refunds unless” does not have the same meaning as “we will do refunds if”.

Consider this statement:

“You will not be the next president of the USA unless your first name is Donald.”

That does not have the same meaning as this statement:

“If your first name is Donald, you will be the next president of the USA.”

The first statement is true, and the second is false–alas, Donald Duck won’t be our next president.

Having difficulty fulfilling the contracts is a necessary but not sufficient condition for us to offer refunds.

1. We are not having difficulty fulfilling the contract.

We are slightly over 3 weeks into our contracts, and we’ve already delivered 77% to 309% as many hashes as we’re supposed to have delivered by January 28th. What we had is a delay in the start of delivery, but we are not having difficulty fulfilling them.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder.

We’ll need you (and everyone else) to log into https://cloud.toom.im/compensate and enter in your Zcash address in order for us to send you your compensation.

Thanks so much @jtoomim. Currently, upon clicking the submit button on the compensation page, there isn’t any visual feedback that the submission has succeeded (nothing happens). I’m using Google Chrome.

@hloo: The feedback is the submit button going grey. And if you reload the page, you should see your Zec address remains. That means it’s been saved.

1 Like

@toomim, thank you. I see now that my submission worked.

You cannot reasonably proportion blame upon your customers.

Attempts to blame them, suggest it was ill configured pool settings and a host of other excuses doesn’t alter the fact that you failed to deliver hashing power on genesis and subsequent days.

Yes, many believed that you would deliver record breaking speeds from day one and the reason for that is as clear as the mud on your face. You mis-sold your product and service.

Never trust a Toomim

We are responsible for the 48 hour delay, so we are compensating our customers for the 48 hour delay.

We are not refunding the full 91- to 365-day contracts based on a 2 day delay. eastwind_ja’s claim that we should is based on a misreading of our contract.

mista66, you are not a customer. Why are you even here?

A number of your customers appear unhappy to accept your offer and are demanding a refund. Yet you are seeking to discredit them publicly for doing so.

Damn right i’m not … Never trust a Toomim

You used this platform to engage in an act of social engineering your aim was to hoodwinking people. I can not echo enough that it’s as clear as the mud on your face. You mis-sold your product and service. .

2 Likes

I appreciate the compensation

1 Like

YOU ARE NOT COMPENSATING.

You are SCAMMING your clients. This is robbery!!

For example: If someones bought 30H/s, he will get a compensation of 1 ZEC, that today is worth 0.08BTC. But the first day he would have mined 0.05ZEC, that was worth AT LEAST 0.75BTC.

So you are not compensating at all! It’s just theater

1 Like

We have been completely honest, transparent, and held our word. We have generously given out 4x and 12x what customers paid us for.

You are upset because the Zcash price tanked, from 3,299 BTC to 0.09 BTC. It does not make sense to blame our company for the Zcash price. We are a hashing service.

I’m upset because your service is a SCAM

You are upset because a ZEC that was once worth a lot is now worth little:

If the Zcash price did not drop, you would not be calling us a scam.

We are not responsible for the Zcash price. We are a hashing service, and provide you with hashes.

Holy hell. I keep following this thread and keep thinking I should say something and then change my mind.

IMO, mods should be keeping a bit of a handle on this crap. If you bought a cloud mining contract, you knew what you were getting. If you didn’t need the fine print/contract details or research (a simple google search would suffice) cloud mining and are angry because you haven’t made profit, its your own fault.

The best thing for anyone with a cloud mining contract would be to not sell what they’ve mined and hope that the price will rise eventually.

@jtoomim @toomim I’m impressed that you keep coming here and answering these trolls

/rant

I do agree with this to a point. It is not a scam you are getting what you paid for or more (and I appreciate the nuances of the first day).

Where I do have sympathy is where improvements in the mining operation that are a direct result of mining software that has been developed by others are not passed on. Other than the cost of testing/upgrading it does seem reasonable to me at least that at least a portion of this (less incurred expenses) would be passed on.

I am not a customer and this is just my opinion.

edited to add I’ve written my thoughts about cloud mining in general here Genesis-mining.com || World's leading hashpower provider! - #482 by garethtdavies

Their service is not a scam, we are to be blamed for purchasing hashes without assessing what they are really worth and without trying to obtain the same hashes by using appropriate hardware/software (and a much lower investment).
Toomim Bros have been more than fair towards their responsibilities for the first few days of Zcash.
I also understand that they don’t want to increase the hashrate of all clients just because the software delivers more with same hardware. They want to be in control of their business and don’t want to commit on things if they have no obligation for those things, but at the same time they play it soft by delivering more than they have committed. If they were scam type people, they would have played it hard.
In fact, strictly speaking, purchasing cloud hashes does not increase customers profitability when the cloud performance increases. An increase in cloud performance only increase the profits of the cloud operator.
We should take this as a good lesson.
All IMHO

Did you guys mine with those GPUs yourselves solo for the first 48 hours and that’s why you had “issues”?

I find it hard to believe that those hundreds of GPUs were offline during the most profitable GPU mining day in history of mining.

2 Likes

Note @garethtdavies @simplecoin: We are currently using third-party software that is about 3.3x faster than our own in-house mining software, but we are providing 4x to 12x more hashes per second to our customers.

We didn’t increase our hashrate delivery because of the third-party software performance increase, but more because we felt bad about our customers having bid too high on the contracts. We increased the hashrate of our auction winners to 6x and web orders to 2x back while we were still running our own mining software.

Even though “passing on miner performance benefits” wasn’t our motivation, the effect of what we’re doing is basically the same (although we’re doing a little more than the third-party miner performance benefit would warrant).

1 Like