Web Education 3.0

Hi all,

I just submitted our proposal to launch Zcash.

Title:

Zcash in Brazil: A website and videos teaching all about ZCash

Total Request (USD):

$ 13.200,00

Description of Problem or Opportunity

The general public is not familiar with Zcash, zero-knowledge proofs, the Zcash community, or how Zcash and its technology. In addition to the problem of general lack of awareness about privacy and how it can impact our lives with cryptocurrencies, Brazilians have an even greater need to know this technology because we live in a highly regulated country with little freedom. Finally, although information and discussions about the development of Zcash are at a high level in English-speaking forums, little is said here and little is known.

Background - Summarize the qualifications that you and/or your team bring to the table. Show that you have the skills and expertise necessary for the project that you’re proposing. (Institutional bona fides are not required, but we do want to hear about your track record!)

I am from Brazil and I am an Entrepreneur, business creator since 2013.

Graduated in Mechanical Engineering, my passion has always been business and getting ideas off paper. I created some businesses, invested in others, made mistakes in others. It took me a while to set my eyes on crypto as I was focused on other businesses. When I got to know it, I fell in love and since then, I just see myself working with it and building everything related to it.

In 2018 I created a digital marketing agency to sell courses in Brazil focusing on content marketing. We invested a lot in Facebook and Google ads during this period and we have the knowledge to reach the right customers through these platforms.

I am part of a group that studies various protocols/blockchains. I knew ZCash there and I can find documents and news about the project only in English. There is almost nothing about the protocol in Portuguese and I want to share this with other people. I know the power of education, community and business creation around Web 3.0 and Privacy. And I want to teach that to Brazilians.

Proposed Solution

The purpose of the project is to bring ZCash to Brazil and create a website where we will bring updates, articles, translations of technical and non-technical documents and create a series of videos teaching how to use ZCash STEP BY STEP.

I want to use the knowledge in web 3.0 + marketing and bring the best content so that the 220 million Brazilians can have access. I am going to create a free, simple language videos and content for common users, educating about ZCash ecosystem, Privacy and Web 3.0.

Through free content on YouTube channel and a new Website (zcashbrasil.org), I will educate new people how to start in Web 3.0 with Privacy. This helps the entire blockchain ecosystem, which is just in its infancy.

Through my website and youtube channel I will be able to further expand the impact of the videos, creating a category/playlist for Privacy and Security.

https://fitpro.games/

Solution Format: What is the exact form of the final deliverable you’re creating?

Website

Technical Approach - Dive into the how of your project. Describe your approaches, components, workflows, methodology, etc. Bullet points and diagrams are appreciated!

Let’s create the entire site structure with the appropriate categories

Start translating key documents, articles and news

Constantly update with updates that come out on the official website

Structure video scripts

Create videos and post

Also post updates on our main channel to reach even more people – Our channel is focused on Web 3.0 Education

Dependencies: What external entities is your project dependent on? What involvement is required from ZF, ECC, and/or other external organizations? Who would have to incorporate your work in order for it to be usable?

A small risk of delay with the translation of documents and editions, but we don’t see this as a big problem

Execution Risks - What obstacles do you expect? What is most likely to go wrong? Which unknown factors or dependencies could jeopardize success? What are your contingency plans? Will subsequent activities be required to maximize impact?

Our proposal is not coding or technical in nature, so we don’t see major risks.

Unintended Consequences: What are the negative ramifications if your project is successful? Consider usability, stability, privacy, integrity, availability, decentralization, interoperability, maintainability, technical debt, requisite education, etc.

I cannot see anything

Evaluation Plan - What will your project look like if successful? How will we be able to tell? Include quantifiable metrics if possible.

We will have the main information channel about Zcash, privacy and security in cryptocurrencies in Brazil.

The greater the growth of the protocol, the more information will be brought to the site and we will be able to measure the number of monthly visits and interest/searches for the word ZCASH by google.

Through the videos we will be able to know the number of views and of course, likes.

Budget

I set the minimum amount possible to be able to translate documents, articles and news, create videos and follow Zcash updates.

After 6 months of the project, it can be evaluated whether the work was done well and later we can extend it to another 6 months.

Milestone 1

Create the new website: $ 1000

Create the Design: $ 200

Content generation, news and articles: $ 2000

• 1 articles per week for the website

• Translation of the main news and articles of the Official website (technical and non-technical documents).

• Weekly Videos about ZCash and Web 3.0

Milestone 2

Month 2-6

Content generation, news and articles: $ 2000/month

• 1 article per week for the website

• Translation of the main news and articles of the Official website (technical and non-technical documents).

• Weekly Videos about ZCash and Web 3.0

How was the project timeline determined?*

A time of 6 months was given for the ZCash team to check my work and within those 6 months, the activities vital for a good informative site with a fair value

4 Likes

Im all in for Zcash content in different languages. We should aim to have as much Zcash content available in as much languages possible. That said, @Michae2xl runs the @zcashbrasil twitter account and ZecBrazil Telegram group and I dont think he has asked for any compensation for his work (tho i think he should paid for his work). It shows he is passionate about Zcash. He translates, tweets and posts Zcash content in Portuguese in his free time.

It’s very hard to gauge such proposals. It’s impossible to know how it will pan out. How much engagement it will attract and if it would be worth the money (13k isnt alot at all imo). While I think its an awesome idea. @Michae2xl is already doing most of what you are proposing. Maybe you should work together?

Such localised proposals should be incorporated into the Global ambassador program or an equivalent global community program or rewards program… i.e. compensate community members that work hard to grow the Zcash community and are active members furthering the mission for private, sovereign, equitable, permissionless money

5 Likes

Boa noite @jcsta, tudo bem?

Primeirmente gostaria de agradecer pelo entusiasmo sobre Zcash, e por todos os pontos apontados na proposta acima, concordo, precisamos de materiais, marketing entre outras coisas para atrair ZEC no Brasil.

Como o @gottabeJay mencionou acima, estamos fazendo um trabalho semelhante ao que você propôs faze-lô, contas já foram criadas, twitter, telegram, sou moderador do facebook, youtube, instagram, e conteúdos sendo postados em português principalmente no Twitter. Portanto, gostaria de saber, seu contato, de qual região você é, e se podemos conversar, porque talvez possamos trabalhar juntos para crescer Zcash no Brasil? Assim podemos pensar em uma proposta maior, e com mais detalhes.

4 Likes

Sounds quite similar to another recent proposal for a Spanish language website for Latin America, the discussion in that thread will be worth reading.

I’m in favor of having Zcash content available in many different languages.

But I am not in favor of this proposal.

At the moment there is very little content to go on, it doesn’t sound like there’s any plan other than build a website and add translated articles/videos and see what happens.

Also, you haven’t been able to identify any potential risks? Can you think about this a bit more and update it with more details, I’d like to see examples of previous similar work, technical details about the website, plans on how to maket this, some risks and potential mitigations etc. etc.

However, even with the additional information I think it’s unlikely that this will get funded for the same reasons that the other application linked above was unsuccessful.

I would be interested to hear from the grants committee to see if any progress has been made in relation to this statement from that linked application:

“grants committee is working to create RFPs for Zcash content to be translated into multiple languages”

1 Like

Fala @Michae2xl , tudo bem e voce?

Agora que vi seu trablaho. .otimo que ja esteja a frente disso. Eu ia colocar twitter no projeto mas resolvi focar apenas nos videos e site.
Concordo que podemos juntar forças sim.
Eu sou de SC. Se quiser pode me chamar no telegram p falarmos melhor @jcsta1

vou responder abaixo o restante

3 Likes

Hello @covfefe

I thought of ways to adjust this.

How to reach the audience? Paid Ads - I have knowledge on facebook and google, but I didn’t want to include it in the proposal. This can be done without any problems.

We can combine Latam and BR in a single project and use the same translated content + ads for both.
How to create more content? Approximation with the team for news

In Brazil, the most used medium is Youtube and instagram, so it can be focused on that, in addition to those already mentioned.

Risks of people not seeing the content – ​​with ads we lower the risk.
Risk of not liking the content – ​​so the communication failure is in the content.

Please help me know what other risks?

When reading the messages of Latam proposal, one idea was to have the official website translated into several languages. I agree with that, but what brings a project community/people together is their proximity – the culture, the way it is posted, in other words, local communities work better than a global translation.

2 Likes

Tudo ótimo também.

Legal, vou te chamar lá, eu tenho algumas ideias, etc. Podemos juntar expertises e tocar um projeto bacana. Eu respondi em português para facilitar nossa comunicação e ser rápida, abraço.

3 Likes

@ZcashGrants will vote on this proposal at the April 18th meeting. Sorry for the delay.

2 Likes

Hello @decentralistdan.
I believe you can cancel/deny this proposal. I am talking to @Michae2xl and we are planning a new proposal together and better.

Thanks

3 Likes