What is need to to create an install pkg for zcashd?

Hi All,

I have compiled the current version of zcashd on my dev laptop and I'm currently test mining successfully. I would like to zip up the minimum files and directories needed to install on a small ubuntu server. This new server does not have the memory to compile the code, thus the need for this install package. Can anyone help out? Thanks in advance!

Farallon

Good question. Could you just try copying the zcash directories? If that's not sufficient, is your new server at least capable of installing / compiling the dependencies? https://github.com/zcash/zcash/wiki/Public-Alpha-Guide#compiling

I'm curious to know how you progress with this.

Unfortunately, I can't compile on the target instance since it only has 1GB of RAM. It also has a limited amount of disk space so I ran out of room when copying all of the zcash directories (zcash, .zcash, .zcash-parms) which is why I wanted to see if someone knew what the minimum fileset for an installation might be. I suspect it might be something like the following:

1. .zcash-params/*
  2. .zcash/*
  3. zcash/src/zcashd
  4. zcash/src/zcash-cli
  5. zcash/src/.libs
  6. zcash/src/wallet

I'm going to also increase my target disk space to hold all of zcash, .zcash, and .zcash-parms and see what happens.