What is the reason for the error?

I can’t understand why zcash swears at its keys?
I didn’t change anything.


2020-06-20 07:09:53 LoadBlockIndexDB: transaction index disabled
2020-06-20 07:09:53 LoadBlockIndexDB: insight explorer disabled
2020-06-20 07:09:53 LoadBlockIndexDB: light wallet daemon disabled
2020-06-20 07:09:53 Initializing databases...
2020-06-20 07:09:53 Pre-allocating up to position 0x1000000 in blk00000.dat
2020-06-20 07:09:53 ERROR: CheckEquihashSolution(): invalid solution
2020-06-20 07:09:53 ERROR: CheckBlockHeader(): Equihash solution invalid
2020-06-20 07:09:53 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=00040fe8ec8471911baa1db1266ea15dd06b4a8a5c453883c000b031973dce08  height=0  log2_work=13  date=2016-10->
2020-06-20 07:12:22


zcashd: main.cpp:1999: void InvalidChainFound(CBlockIndex*, const CChainParams&): Assertion `tip' failed.

Tell me how can I find out in more detail what the error is?

The error you’re getting is showing that zcashd is claiming that the genesis block is invalid.

Maybe try running git pull to update the source code and then rebuilding it with ./zcutil/build.sh -j$(nproc) ?

and how to find out the reason why it is not valid, I think I changed something and broke the wallet, but the Genesis block and keys, hashes I did not change so I do not understand why the block is damaged.

Looking at debug.log, the originating error started with CheckEquihashSolution() failing on verifying the genesis block… the “Initializing databases…” message shows up when zcashd is creating the block database for the very first time. Since the genesis block information is hardcoded into the chainparams.cpp file there’s only a very limited amount of situations where this error comes up; most likely if there’s a bad build.

To fix the error, I would just backup your wallet.dat file and go with a fresh compile and see where that takes you before trying anything else.

Another option to do before running a recompile is to run the test suite to look for errors. Just run src/test/test_bitcoin from the zcash source code directory.

1 Like

I fixed everything, the problem was in the mining file, I accidentally changed something there