YWallet beta 1.2.17 is out

Available on Android and iOS

Android: Apply to be a beta tester in the Play Store
iOS: Sign up on TestFlight

Release Notes

• Warp Sync for Sapling + Orchard
  • Instant Upgrade to UA. No need to rescan unless you have previously received orchard notes.
  • Support all types of addresses: T, S, O, T+S, T+O, S+O, T+S+O
  • Payment URI with customizable receivers
  • Combined Shielded Pool. YWallet manages Sapling and Orchard together
  • Pool Transfer Page. Easily migrate funds and pre-split notes
  • Import Unified Viewing Keys
  • Generate Unified Diversified Addresses
  • Offline Signing support for Orchard Pool
  • Privacy Optimizer: Transaction Inputs & Outputs are computed to maximize the Privacy Score. For more info: Transaction Privacy
  • Etc.

17 Likes

Good job on the release. Is there any reason to drop support for Apple Silicon?

2 Likes

I’m still working out how to build universal Mac binaries…

Edit: universal Mac os bins

5 Likes

Awesome work :heart_on_fire: Just want to mention my favorite feature by far is the coins dropping into the bag noise when sending a tx. :100: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Yeah on Android it will play even if the device is locked/:zzz:

Btw I turned off battery optimization.

2 Likes

According to this, importing unified viewing keys is not supported with zcashd, and I noticed ywallet now only shows the uview key. Is it possible to find any vkey’s as well?

No, because only the unified viewkey can decrypt the orchard notes.

1 Like

The new unified address isn’t the same one generated by Zecwallet Lite using the same seed phrase. Now that YWallet supports Orchard, I may be able to ditch Zecwallet altogether so it may not be an issue, but I’m curious why the addresses are different, and whether an argument can be made either way about one being ‘better’ than the other.

1 Like

When will the beta be available for the Microsoft Store app?

Ywallet generates a Full UA while zecwallet lite generates a UA of a single Orchard receiver. Whether one is easier to use than the other would boil down to opinion about what you prefer.

2 Likes

I found I could install the Windows desktop version from the github release page via the .zip file.

1 Like

Oh, I hadn’t noticed that. It’s definitely nice to have multiple receivers behind the UA. Thanks for the tip, @Autotunafish

1 Like

You can get the receivers of any UA with zcashblockexplorer.com

2 Likes

@aarnott @Autotunafish you can also choose which type of address you want displayed on the main page, including sapling and orchard only.

1 Like

I notice that snap addresses are now UAs, apparently with all 3 receivers. If I wanted a zs snap address only, I can’t find how to generated that. In the QR code screen where I can select to get only a zs address, it never shows a snap address. Am I missing something?

You are correct. This is not possible at the moment.

1 Like

Could they still import the sapling priv key into an individual sapling address account?

That should be ok.

1 Like

It seems to make me have to select an existing account. It doesn’t create the header with the name that I give it but waits for me to pick one of the other existing accounts and then asks for the rescan height.

You probably have that account already. You can’t have two accounts with the same address.

1 Like