YWallet beta 1.2.17 is out

The snap addresses follow the address type setting now.

2 Likes

Lookin gud! love de slider when choosing how much Zec to send.
But managed to crash on iOS, sent de crash report also.

What were you doing that caused the crash?

Edit: I saw your bug report but unfortunately I couldn’t reproduce it on my device.

1 Like

Yeah, I see that but doing the same thing on my device doesn’t crash it. I wonder if something else isn’t different… Maybe the way you created the account, etc.

1 Like

its using previous wallet and files. yes tried with new account/wallet it doesnt crash. so probably the old files/old account.

1 Like

I’ve been having a lot of fun playing with the beta. Really excited this is coming out and think UA usage will go up because of this wallet. @hanh has been fantastic with support as well :hearts:

Some notes from my initial experience:

• I had a seed phrase that came with ZWL that I imported into ywallet because its much faster!
  • The funds associated with this seed phrase were in the sapling pool
  • Before the beta, ywallet was showing each of the z-addresses (most are used to this)
  • In the beta, all addresses default to UA’s, even though the funds are still in the sapling pool
  • Separately I run a full node (zcashd) and use Zecwallet Fullnode to help with fund management.
  • Sending some zats from ywallet into my full node showed high privacy – this is good
  • Zecwallet Fullnode seems to have an issue displaying the amounts of UA’s when the coins are in the sapling pool.

After running a zcash-cli z_getbalanceforaccount 0 command, I realized I have the funds but they only show in the ZEC total at the top. That is, when going to send funds from the UA address it does not include the funds in the sapling pool.

Each full UA can have values in the transparent, sapling, and orchard pools as the following picture illustrates

Screenshot_2022-12-22_18-32-54

Initially I was quite confused on why my UA addresses wasn’t updating the balance so I wanted to post for others.

In terms of ywallet, I wonder if maybe highlighting how ywallet shows your addresses up front might be more helpful? For older addresses it would be natural to forget details of every account and others may not see this kind of problem coming. I suggest some kind of visual queue here.

This yields a full UA for all accounts

This yields a partial UA

And finally this is the pre-beta look, sapling only.

Thanks for reading :zebra:

5 Likes

The UA type is common to all accounts and is set on the settings page. The idea is to encourage transitioning to UA and eventually have T+S+O as the natural default. If the user has an occasional need to provide a legacy address, the payment URI page is there for that.

Thanks for testing YWallet and helping make it better!

–h

1 Like

Beta 3 is out. It is also the first release candidate. To help with a smooth upgrade, please give it a try. Don’t forget to backup your seed phrase first!

7 Likes

There is a bug bounty program now.

You can earn up to 100 YEC for every bug discovered before the product launch. In order to receive your reward, please submit your issue on Github. Bugs in zcash are also valid. I have 4000 YEC earmarked for this.

PS: I hope zcashers are fine with the reward being in YEC. It is coming in part from a personal donation from ycashers that I am distributing out. If you would like to add to the budget, please send your donation to

ys1xaeyzzsjhccsr24w2vsw4mwr6lfj9dwuwppfkf2p96m390wkue7spn4smn5hgeu93gecvyj0dx7

9 Likes