Ywallet puzzle

Yeah, its a Ycash thing, but Ywallet also works for ZEC so not too far off-topic.

I’ve got a game going to solve puzzles & recover a private key, first one to take the Ycash gets to keep it (sell it for ZEC, whatever) - there’s almost enough to buy a beer.

Enjoy.

4 Likes

Cool, I remember when you posted q different puzzle and I ended up on some scooby doo videos looking for the clue, was convienced I had it! I thought my answer was better than yours :sweat_smile:
I’ll give a few days, and then I’ll start talking about the clues, couple wtf leads on the first. Second is very generalized, almost like a crossword riddle. And then it all seems to be wrapped behind some brute force, jeez

Ha! Yeah, it’s all a bit of fun - plus let’s folks play with Ywallet & maybe learn a bit about encryption.

This one is a bit harder, with luck it’ll still be going at the end of the year.

Someone else has been sending it coins, didn’t expect that to happen - other than the ‘scum-sucking-zecpages-spammer’ which is kinda inevitable.

1 Like

The first clue is a little strange, the girlfriend of the husband of the wife who also discovered lunar ice with Kovack.
Kovack is capitalized, which might imply a name, as do the other clues of people, and this sort of points to a person involved in a securities scandal from a few years back, whos name also contains ‘Moon’. The term ‘ice’ may be a metaphor.
However, the word Kovacks also applies to a company that produces machines specifically for boring into ice so maybe its not a metaphor :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Its not supposed to be easy :rofl:

When there are a few more players I’ll post another clue.

Using the number of YouTube subscribers to track that - when it gets to 100 I’ll do it, currently 41.

1 Like

The clues have been out in the wallet & on YouTube for a while, posting them here :-

• She was the girlfriend of the husband of the woman who also discovered lunar ice with Kovac.

• A date that changes, depending on who was asked.

• A location that’s really elsewhere, named by a Chilean First Lieutenant.

Here are the AES encrypted pieces of the Private Key :-

MzjozsiwERss+i9T2iFugRhWCot7zPZWEg9ICYuMXGey3J+UYNaLmkfb2J6k7kCrIwCMcnexI9W+dQ/9qO8ye5sgu2qwVuxtscP9aupcJl+/JsTPrjz0bku5Xb2hYfTM9bZ6bF+gcTWUGiX1xWzm8NhcjfnRuyY2WoJemCusi3Xy/yZi6OoppT9S0nvHJs8dl3vf+S5/wpSKBOweEPLAgsMlon5ZBEKvRt0VPUU3OjBG/4oNoVSkr56PsO6ETkTI
xRzbb+g28PfMmbghdTlZ1FJZl1raTg+3Ph1RYeHhI5AEXchqwp7AzQVQ0HlWfggMOxlRFATDwUfNFSLSebzBFkPZgwVc4v04ckI7RZdCXsxqJc7D+G9mIsOb7iniqTuwTbuokputAO0/5hojNaJ6fzY99OEZMo9K9WYOtHXqCoQqTOzrwAdpFANiE1quBZ1YBCYgXalX+euM5QZ0uTYaz0z/mM5osf8LDRg/i1k/ABWOVyssJK+xersWqhw7s3w0
kULAXg9y7auxkN7D2/Ifky536LhyPBE9B/Q114fcQPaaWwIa8RO97LpghQoFUAyOqEW6d/J2JsVnCMh6rBY6FExPSGnMc/Xq3Af1TZTQ1XZS0LqaaxsMdRXAA/gvD+4HUh37ARM31J/Y/pUd6UMyspCdeK6kotNWVmnCdxzZrTVgz2+Q0sUDWicvDOjIHsCoQ3Ui2AYkvn/9e2NsU63tJ7QbW/mcq9TYeaMWTdAy6kxbrvJ2R8M5qp8LFtmn9e7a

Here is the Viewing Key, scan it with Ywallet to see if the Ycash is still there :-

Enjoy.

1 Like

Think I got a good lead on clue 3 (^-^*)

1 Like

Guess you brute forced that one, there are only so many dates & date formats to work through :slight_smile:

1 Like

I havent broken anything yet!

I should probably release another clue soon.

NOTE:

• The only person involved in creating this puzzle was me
  • Posts from anyone else claiming to have clues etc are spam
1 Like

For those that need it, here’s a link to an online AES encrypt/decrypt tool :-

2 Likes

O k, my lead on clue 3.

points to

Well, not going to comment, 'cos that’s the nature of a puzzle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll publish another clue, and I’ll do it here first (for once!) :-

“Her name, the location and the date are related, but she was there before that day.”

1 Like

You should know that all of this has inspired me to fabricate my own puzzle. Vety similar but also a little different. Will include frost, namely. Stay tuned for that.
I’m still pondering on this but like, dude, idk :sweat_smile:

I saw that - the more the merrier, all good fun :slight_smile:

There’s about 1 ZEC’s worth of YEC in the wallet now

1 Like

First clue of 2024 - its a whopping great big clue so next one will be in a month, assuming nobody has figured it out by then…

“The future has not been written. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves”

1 Like

Aug 29, 1997…

I will not confirm or deny… 'cos that’s the nature of a puzzle :slight_smile:

Coins are still in the wallet, now 261 YEC

1 Like

How much knowledge of terminator movies is required beyond T2?

1 Like

Are you seriously watching them all? :rofl:

1 Like