Zcash Meetups 🦓

@paige and I have been working on creating resources for meetup organizers, which we plan to release soon. @NealJayu and @hloo had already created their groups in Boston and the Bay Area, and then I got quite a response when I put a call out on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZcashFoundation/status/1027292665950466049

We’ve got a Meetup.com umbrella page in the works: https://www.meetup.com/pro/zcash-foundation/

More coming soon, I’ve been emailing back and forth with a handful of volunteers!

If anyone who hangs out on this forum is interested in starting a meetup or collaborating with one of the existing organizers, please get in touch! contact@z.cash.foundation

8 Likes

Wonderful, looking forward to the resources! Thanks, @sonya. :grinning:

2 Likes

Sorry it’s been kinda slow going — there’s been a definite learning process in talking to potential organizers, in terms of what will actually be useful to people :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would it be helpful to have a meetups-specific forum here, or is Community Collaborations still appropriate?

1 Like

I think this still works, since it’s not super high-traffic anyway!

1 Like

How about you hold meetups where people are interested in Zcash :slight_smile:

In which of those 3 are you? :slight_smile:

Neither, but I could go to Serbia for a meetup :slight_smile:

If someone from China reaches out to us, we’ll be happy to help!

Thats cold :frowning:

Note that the Foundation doesn’t host these meetups but rather supports community members that do.

1 Like

I guess its hard to do meetups with Zcash or any other privacy coin, as people investing in those coins want to keep their privacy, while meetups do the opposite :slight_smile:

That’s not necessarily true. Some venues might require identification for liability reasons but meetup.com doesn’t force any real name policy. People can use pseudonyms to maintain some level of privacy if they so choose and ideally organizers are conscious of photography/video use during meetups to limit any association to real identities.

2 Likes

Unless its a costume party, consider your privacy gone :slight_smile:

There weren’t nametags

1 Like