ZCash Vs Monero and BITMEX

Here is an interesting article about Zcash Vs Monero

https://medium.com/@dcorbacho/zcash-vs-monero-zec-in-bitmex-fe1cd4f5f81c#.je0m531m6

And some information on how BITMEX is going to offer Zcash as a future contract instrument.

I will appreciate feedback if you spot any information that is incorrect, so I can amend it.

Interesting that Bitmex has Zcash futures trading.

1 Like

@Vjback

… that of Zcash (where your transaction is hidden amongst all outstanding transactions)

Not just all outstanding (JoinSplit) transactions: in Zcash, your notes are hidden amongst all other notes that have ever been created. Combined with the fact that coinbase must be entirely spent to a z-address using a JoinSplit, this means that the set of possible JoinSplit outputs that your JoinSplit could be using as an input increases continuously.

Note that this assumes no other information leakage. See e.g. randomize or sort the order of input and output notes · Issue #778 · zcash/zcash · GitHub and Develop a better (wrt efficiency and information leakage) note selection heuristic when sending private funds · Issue #1360 · zcash/zcash · GitHub for work being done to eliminate potential sources of incidental information leakage.

Thank you @str4d !, I’ve added a note to clarify that

Why did You post this article? To promote Monero? I know a coin which already has advantage of both XMR and ZEC, but no need to post it here.