ZecHub Monthly Updates

Thanks for sharing! I think how folks choose to communicate is very interesting and they bring up some good points. I’m not sure if “web3” will ever be completely mainstream, maybe similar to the L1 , L2, L3 idea from blockchains. At the end of the day, where the majority goes is what will be used (for better or for worse!)

Yeah I realize its not very thorough but I hoped the other option would allow one to add what they use. I find it interesting that all these radically decentralized protocols / apps exists but know one either: knows they exists, or how to use them. How will they grow in use if it only used by folks who never talk about them?

I guess its hard for me to take Monero seriously when the only thing I see ( on the platforms I tend to use) is Monero folk bashing Zcash or anyone that isn’t them. I see very few big monero accounts calling out the toxic behavior and I just stop paying attention. So its great they have a decentralized first culture, but that isn’t enough for me, and probably others, to join in because frankly I dont want to be associated with that kind of toxic behavior.

2 Likes

A few comments on your answers.

Thank you for this great definition of echo-chamber :sweat_smile: . There are actually several very active communities on Mastodon as well as Matrix. More specifically, most communities that are having trouble with the law for any reason (cybersec, journalism, sex, etc) are all there and specifically out of all centralized platforms.

Now let’s take a minute to really think what that means, and specifically, who are our target users. Maybe a commonality will start appearing.

Let’s get real here for a sec. There are toxic maxis for every large crypto out there. No Zcash maxis yet? Reminder: we’re token #150. So with that out of the way, we can agree that maxis should just be ignored so we can focus on fundamentals. And fundamentally, it would be ridiculous to ignore that Monero is playing some cards right, just like we are. Now if we decide not to play some cards because a competitor project is playing the same, that’s just a great way to dig ourselves a deeper hole.

And how would you suggest we connect to these groups without potentially leaking sensitive data that could make their lives harder? We need a wormhole, or something, to get to the upside down world.

Im suggesting their hand, while decent, isn’t as good as they make it seem. I give them an A for the poker face.

I think we should play most hands actually, I’m just stating my preference, my dislike, for the taste of that particular hand (toxicity).

Thanks for your thoughts :hot_pepper:

2 Likes

Uh, just, being there around them? If they need us, which I think we believe they will, they will come to us and we will be here to help them. Or we could remain solely in the private garden of Elon and Zuck and call it a day, because why not.

I don’t understand the part of your question regarding potentially leaking sensitive data. They use pseudonymous accounts just like us and are actually probably better than we are at opsec, they’ll be fine. We only help with what we can do best: financial privacy (and eventually truly private messaging later on).

2 Likes

Don’t confuse my preference for wanting to be be where people are with what I prefer. I’ve been openly critical of certain folks for reasons that should be obvious. :rotating_light: :oncoming_automobile: :rocket:

I think we agree more than disagree tbh. The friction is great when moving towards decentralization, and that requires more effort than most want to output. Example: lets look at the percentage of folks in this forum who use windows vs linux :mag: :man_mage:

Im not sure this % will ever change in a meaningful way, as bad as I want it to.

2 Likes

Hi all, Here is our Monthly Update with everything we’ve been up to recently:

Major Achievements

Project Updates

• Completing design work on a Wiki Site! A new domain for it is being considered.

• We released a number of short animated videos on key concepts such as:
    -Shielding Zcash
    -Zgo Payment processor
    -FROST

• This month we also released 2 videos showing demonstrations of Zcash can be used to purchase a mobile credit top-up in Nigeria + Online VPN subscription.

• ZSA education project is progressing well, we are iterating on the animation, and working with Qedit to make sure our information is accurate.

• Coingecko & Coinmarketcap circulating supply request forms were completed & verification in progress with the help of DAO member @decentralistdan. Thank you!

• Thanks to everyone who joined in our weekly sync meetings, lots of great ideas were shared. Open for anyone to join Tuesday 15:00/22:00 UTC in the Global Discord.

• We are currently scheduling a Twitter Spaces with ZeroDAO, date TBA.

Community Contributions

• DAO member Technopapapi wrote an article published in Cypherpunk Times, we hope to expand on the number of contributors writing quality research articles for publishing.
  • Zcash Design SubDAO contributed a substantial amount of Banners & Cards that are going into the new wiki site.
  • ManyRios is heading efforts on the new site, he recently transferred the site to ZecHub and completing final elements prior to launch.
  • DAO member @Mine has created a draft proposal with the intention of project design/style consistency in all areas.
  • @hardaeborla and TonyAkins are working together on the Yoruba Newsletter.
  • We posted the final collection of videos created by @thedesertlynx, they were fantastic thank you!
  • The Zcash Global Ambassadors have published translated ZecWeekly ecosystem newsletters, huge thanks to them.

Planned Next Steps

• Launch New Wiki Site
  • Twitter Spaces with ZeroDAO
  • Build up library of educational content around Namada x Zcash

Please drop us any comments or questions below.

9 Likes

Excellent! :clap:

An active team!

3 Likes

Great achievements and developments so far :two_hearts::heart:

4 Likes

The Halloween KPI report is in! :jack_o_lantern: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Highlights:

• Biggest increase was centered around @vito 's efforts with ZecHub Brasil, great job!
  • Biggest decrease was in number of PR’s merged and the number of impressions for out best post (30 days)
  • Similar to last month, the Twitter followers, YouTube subscribers, GitHub Forks, Newsletter subscribers and DeWork member categories have always had a positive increase since measurement started –9 months straight!
  • Top contributors to our Github this month include: ManyRios, abhi-0104, Hardaeborla, TimUkrainian, and Olek97. AWESOME :hearts:
  • ZecHub DAO has 16 members (Each member counts for 1/n of the vote where n is the number of DAO members)

:zebra: :owl: :student:

Any questions let us know :hearts:

===============================================================================

Github

Twitter

• October

Top Post

YouTube

Dework

Thank you :zebra:

11 Likes

Hi everyone, here is the update with our progress over the past few weeks:

Major Achievements

Project Updates

Community Contributions

• Huge thanks to all Global Ambassadors and @Edicksonjga for their ZecWeekly Newsletters!

• Speedfox’s infographic was mentioned in Namada’s community contributions of the week!

• @Mine created several amazing banners for the new site. Thank you!

• @Iogy made a notable long form video showing steps for setting up a Node using WSL in windows to use with Zingo Desktop.

• @robmarn has been invaluable on the ZSA Project. We are in final edits before scheduling its release.

Planned Next Steps

• Complete wiki site images & banners + update all pages.

• Video Series on Privacy Enhancing Technologies.

• Release of ZSA Education Video

• Hosting Community Events

Any questions or comments are welcome.

12 Likes

It is a pleasure to collaborate with ZecHub DAO. :shield::shield:

3 Likes

amazing work as usual!

2 Likes

The November KPI report is in! :turkey: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Highlights:

• Biggest increase was in number of PR’s merged, this is directly related to our efforts with the updated wiki page!
  • Similar to last month, the Twitter followers, YouTube subscribers, GitHub Forks, Newsletter subscribers and DeWork member categories have always had a positive increase since measurement started, now –10 months straight!
  • Biggest decrease was in seen in GitHub active contributors, and our Twitter account impressions. If you don’t already follow our account, please help amplify our work :calling:
  • Top contributors to our Github this month include: abhi-0104, frankchukwurah, TimUkrainian, amochuko, Hardaeborla, and Olek97. Thank You! :hearts:
  • As noted in squirrels recap, ZH Brazil was suspended and we no longer can measure its performance. :frowning:

Github

Twitter

• November

Top Post

YouTube

Top Videos

Top Shorts

Newsletter

Dework

Thank you :zebra:

9 Likes

Hello Community,

Listed below is a brief summary of our project in December. This marks the final completed milestone of our initial grant proposal. We are determined to take what we’ve learned & grow the platform with all of you next year. Thank you for your involvement and support!

Major Achievements

Project Updates

Community Contributions

• Animated videos on DEX and DEX vs CEX were created by @Tecnopapapi & @papelesacolor.
  • @Speedfox & @Adanys from Español community’s ZecHub bounty designs were posted via @Zcash!
  • Global Ambassadors have been brilliant the entire year, not just helping with newsletters but also translating other content and assisting with the wiki site.
  • @Olek created an Italian language tutorial of Zebrad installation using docker.

Planned Next Steps

• Complete full wiki site images & banners
  • Release of ZSA Education Video

If you would like to work/collaborate with us or share ideas please join our discord / matrix or comment below!

9 Likes

The December KPI report is in! :christmas_tree: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Highlights:

• Biggest increase was on the Twitter side this month
  • Twitter followers, YouTube subscribers, Newsletter subscribers and DeWork member categories have always had a positive increase since measurement started, Github forks finally stopped climbing.
  • Biggest decrease was on the GitHub side. Active contributors, and PR’s merged were down.
  • Top contributors to our Github this month include: TonyAkinsWritesCrypto, and TimUkrainian. Thank You! :hearts:
  • Here are some graphics that display certian KPI’s through the year :eyes:

Subscribers

Github

github

Twitter

Github

Twitter

• December