Zecwallet Lite: login error, update, fund search

Hm. I had a good feeling about this solution. Did you restart Zecwallet Lite after changing the server? Do you still receive the same certificate error?

1 Like

No, this bug was removed after updating Zecwallet Lite.

P.S. I’m currently searching for the missing coins in my wallet balance.

Can I ask you for information on how to make a -reindex in Zecwallet Lite? Thank you.

I was incorrect to suggest that. Not a light wallet thing. My bad. Sorry! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will now try to give more information on the facts.

1. A month ago I opened Zecwallet.Lite-1.1.4-win - there were no errors, the balance amount was correct;
  2. Yesterday I opened Zecwallet.Lite-1.1.4-win and got an error;
  3. Made an update and Zecwallet.Lite-1.7.8-win started without errors, but with the wrong (increased) amount of coins in the balance;
  4. To fully understand the situation, I decided to withdraw the minimum part of the funds, but received an error: Error: SendResponse {error_code: -26, error_message: “18: bad-txns-sapling-duplicate-nullifier”};
  5. Made -rescan and Zecwallet.Lite-1.7.8-win launched without errors, but with incorrect (decreased) amount of coins on the balance;
  6. Currently puzzling how to find missing coins and return them to the balance.
1 Like

I had a similar issue with my desktop ZecWallet lite a few weeks ago. The ZecWallet version was out of date.

To fix it I had to update and then perform a
-rescan to see the correct balance.

Yes, I studied this post and did the same thing. The problem of logging into Zecwallet Lite was solved, but the balance is still unchanged and not correct.

You can restore from the seed phrase and after syncing fully it will display the correct balance. If the balance is still wrong then youll have to go through the tx history to figure out why.

Thank you for the message and information.
Can I ask you to describe the process of restoration from the seed phrase in more detail?
Thank you in advance.

To restore from seed phrase, you just need to install a new wallet → restore existing wallet → enter the seed phrase.

See https://hhanh00.github.io/zwallet/docs/getting-started/first-account/ for an example of restoring on Ywallet.

2 Likes

Thank you for the message and information.
I wanted to clarify a question on the removal of ZecWallet lite, what exactly must be removed before restoring a new wallet? Additionally, should the Zcash file folder be deleted completely?

With Zecwallet lite, you just need to uninstall the app, and then reinstall.

Other option is to restore your wallet on your mobile phone. Zecwallet Lite is also available on Android or iOS.

I could be wrong, but if you don’t delete this folder with files
ZecWallet lite will open with the data that is packed in the Zcash folder.

As long as you have saved your seed phrase, you can safely delete that folder.

If you need fast recovery and you have an Android or iPhone, then I would recommend using YWallet. Edit: YWallet also has desktop apps but I haven’t try it on desktop.

1 Like

Actions to restore the wallet are done, but there is still no result, the balance is not correct.
Can someone explain me why a month ago when I ran Zecwallet.Lite-1.1.4-win the balance was correct? What could have happened after upgrading Zecwallet.Lite-1.1.4-win to Zecwallet.Lite-1.7.8-win with my balance?
Any version, thanks in advance.

“I’d guess your fullnode is probably deprecated and in need of an update. Drop some debug.log lines if you want a better hypothesis”
Your assumptions might be relevant if I were using an old version of Zecwallet.Fullnode. But the thing is that yesterday I downloaded Zecwallet.Fullnode-1.7.6-win and got a notification on startup:
Today there were several attempts to start Zecwallet.Fullnode-1.7.6-win and all with a repeating entry.

1 Like

@BrunchTime @Shawn @Autotunafish @tokidoki given your experience, please advise further developments in finding and restoring the correct balance. Thanks in advance.

In Zecwallet Lite, did you have multiple address? If so, have you tried to generate all of the address? Go to “Receive” tab in Zecwallet Lite and, hit “New Shielded Address” and “New Transparent Address”.

Not sure what the problem with the Zecwallet Fullnode.

1 Like

Hello!
ZEC coin has a large amount of Explorer.
When launching Zecwallet Lite wallet encountered the problem of wrong balance (details
Zecwallet Lite: login error, update, fund search)
Now puzzling over how to find the missing coins and get them back into balance.
I have a question, having a transaction to send and the address of the recipient, how to know the address of the sender?

Any experience and information would be helpful. Thanks.

If it’s shielded, only you know what the address that sent it is. Shielded addresses don’t appear on the Blockchain.

Also, zcashblockexplorer.com is more accurate than zcha.in

2 Likes