ZecWallet stopped on block 903001, what's the problem?

A quick work around here MIGHT be to run the standard Linux build inside of WSL2, Nano a file in the ubuntu side with the desired private key pasted into it and then (in a 2nd ubuntu terminal perhaps) use zcash cli to import the key from that file
The drawback is it has to download an entirely new blockchain so make sure you have space
ALSO I HAVE NO IDEA IF IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK but running zcashd in WSL2 does work so it seems logical (beware if you don’t have experience with WSL2 then I wouldn’t consider it because its somewhat dangerous)
( the Nano file in Ubuntu may not be necessary because WLS2 can read Windows files without harm however it’s best to consider that an immutable divide)
I’m going to try it on a dummy wallet and see, will report back

Syncing
Also to illustrate the weirdness

Tip- don’t resize at all, set priorities to at least above normal

1 Like

Deleted Zcash and ZcashParams.

Re-installed Zecwallet Fullnode v0.9.12 (Windows 7), still stuck at 903001.

In another note, Zecwallet Lite v1.1.13 sync-ed just fine.

Simply moving the folders or files out of the directory would have been sufficient, zec wallet full node and lite wallet are different systems and use different keys they are currently incompatible other than sending from one to the other
They’re both great but there’s trade-offs with both of them like with anything

(Almost to Overwinter)

Hello after the last update of the wallet zecwallet fullnode synchronization does not occur it is stuck on the block 903001

We’re actively working on this problem and it’s a high priority.

4 Likes

when will the error be fixed

When can it be repaired? It has seriously affected the use of ZEC

Users are advised to export the private keys and import to the Mac (or Linux) version which works fine.

how simple it is, where to get them? we would not be in such a position if it was not for the Windows platform

“Export private keys” will display them, then simply copy paste
You can watch the video here

Running Zcash in WLS2 requires enabling the option in “windows features”

and installing the ubuntu app from the MS store

then building Zcashd in ubuntu how you would normally do
https://zcash.readthedocs.io/en/latest/rtd_pages/user_guide.html
Then let it sync :alarm_clock:
Then use the above zcashCLI commands to import the key and addy (dont have a whole lotta experience with this last part honestly but its a copy and paste action, no cross-system file usage)

(Like I said this isn’t without hazards if you dont understand how the systems work, Ubuntu exists within the Windows system files so if you cd … in ubuntu out of /home youll be in Windows, the danger here is CHANGING Windows files using ubuntu, can cause corruption so as long as you always stay in /home dir or (if you venture out) only READ files and not change them then you’ll be fine, running Zcashd does not require any of that)

Will the wallet not work? It’s just that for all those who want to use it as before without linux, there is no option to work with wallet.dat? And it’s strange that after 5 days there is no information about the essence of the problem and the timing of its solution.

The native linux wallet is the officially supported wallet and no, Zecwallet is currently not working
The bug is strange and probably somewhere on the order of a nightmare to diagnose so you’ll have to be patient or try restoring on a different functioning wallet if you can’t wait
(I remember a tutorial about CLI (by Michael Harms I believe), I dont have the link and I dont remember if it covers installation but theres help for it around if you need)
If you’re not comfortable with command line then dont do it, however this at least is an opprotunity to learn and play with an empty wallet, its good to be somewhat well-rounded

We’re actively working on this (I’m in another debugging session right now). We were delayed for the first couple of days by being unable to reproduce the problem (and also it being a weekend when this was reported to us), but we now have a mostly-complete understanding of the problem and are working on confirming our hypothesis about the core bug.

In the meantime, using a non-Windows node, or upgrading to the latest ZecWallet and then running:

zcash-cli invalidateblock 00000000006e4d348d0addad1b43ae09744f9c76a0724be4a3f5e08bdb1121ac
zcash-cli reconsiderblock 00000000006e4d348d0addad1b43ae09744f9c76a0724be4a3f5e08bdb1121ac

appears to resolve the issue (EDIT: for some users).

4 Likes

In windows, zcash-cli is in zecwallet.fullnode-0.9.13-win\resources\bin\win>
I see 903001 go to 903000 then back but nothing

1 Like

Note that zcash-cli.exe is in the resources\bin\win subdirectory under the ZecWallet installation directory.

2 Likes

Solution doesn’t work for me.

cannot be translated, so you could describe everything step by step. as for children. where to go what to click

and who then tried on Windows x 32? also gives a block error 903001?

Anton1 and Others,
I’ve posted in GitHub a solution. Based on my findings, the issue is not happening on a new version of the software that is not yet released or included with ZecWallet for Windows. I have built the binaries for Windows users and included some instructions at the link below.

TBH I’m not sure if the devs should spend too much time on trying to fix zcashd 3.0.0 as the problem already appears to be fixed in 3.1.0-rc2… However, it would be a good idea to investigate and find out why the original problem happened in the first place.

Also, set34342 contacted me on the other thread and I got a chance to see his node have the problem… It was “fixed” by just running the updated zcashd build.

Based on the debug logs, closing ZecWallet Full Node kills the zcashd process so it never flushed data to the disk. When the new build starts, it ends up reading an older block that didn’t have the problem and continues normally.

Had zcashd flushed blocks to the disk (such as when it is closed with zcash-cli stop), the additional steps to invalidate block and reconsiderblock would be needed.