Zeropond Cloud Mining

I am also experience some of the same issues, nothing major but here they are:

• December contracts are reporting wrong hash rate since last update
  • submit button does not work for zcash address (i tried Chrome and IE)
  • current ZEC balance has not updated for over an hour

I am not able to submit t-addr as well.

How much h/s Valle per btc did you get for the dec contract?
I just got about 5,5h/s for 1btc
btw why donā€™t you use the sol/s metric instead of h/s so everyone can calculate better ?

They probably havenā€™t hit a block in some time. See the network hashrate it has gone crazy (will be over a million H/s by the end of the day Iā€™d imagine)

Just for compare, How much is ETH H/s?

I donā€™t think that is the caseā€¦

i am mining with my own PC (15 H/s) on fly pool which has a small h/s rate and I currently have more ZEC than my 50 H/s zeropond contract

EDIT: the total h/s of flypool is only 50,000 h/s

2 Likes

It works if you press enter after filling in the address in Firefox.

Same solution in Chrome.

We have some website bugs that weā€™ll address as soon as we can. Rest assured that everyone will still get credit for their mining.

1 Like

@tim_olson can you address this question?

2 Likes

We are very busy at the moment. Zcash dev team threw a curveball with some late changes and weā€™re patching things up. We will pay out ASAP but it wonā€™t be today.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Tm.
For me the daily payment service is very important, I believe there are more people like me here that are not playing for the long run in Zcash.
If Iā€™m not wrong you said before payment will happen few times a day.

Thanks

ARe h/s = Sol/s?

So someone with the 400 h/s contract that Zeropond provided has 400/755963 (as of now) of the total network?

Thanks

thanks! that does indeed work

Agreed. Whilst I am in for the long haul, I (and anyone else) would be crazy not to sell at these prices, and so this delay does affect us materially (I expect a substantial decline over the next 24 hours). I understand teething issues just please keep us updated thanks!

1 Like

Yes. Hopefully once the dust settles Zeropond will be able to add latest open source improvements into their miner and pass optimisations on. I donā€™t expect the hashrate to decline or ZEC price to stay elevated so hopefully this will happen but will take time.

1 Like

Hi,

How does one getting on your waiting list to be updated on new offerings? Thanks.

sounds like they are just teething problems
I guess this is what slow starts are for >_<

1 Like

So I put loads on BTC on this and not looking good with payout. Anyone else under-whelmed (even with slow start)?

Couple of suggestion for ZP:

1. A slack channel or something other than this thread to communicate real time
  2. Manual payout option ASAP before price dips too much more
  3. Of course info on blocks and other newtwork data (I see on the website this is coming soon)

Thank you

1 Like

All those suggestions (particularly a private slack and manual payout) sound great - I think that in general automated payouts of x amount of ZEC (0.1 or even 0.01 if ZEC prices stay high) in addition/instead of daily payouts would be great (eg, choose what makes more sense for you), the blocks are just sitting empty anyway.

And, while itā€™s a bit of a disappointment to miss out on the craziness on the exchanges (I did some separate mining and managed to sell a bit at 29 BTC/ZEC), I think everyone got caught in the chaos - all three pools Iā€™ve been mining at have gone down consistently, heck, the 1.0 wallet has a serious bug even. ZP is brand new and Iā€™m definitely willing to cut them some slack as long as they are still continuing to passing along hashrate improvements (especially at the rate the mining software has improved).

Iā€™m currently mining about 6x my ZP hashrate and ZP is also about 5x more expensive per mBTC / Sol/S / Mo (this includes capex for building a brand new GPU rig btw!) and both these numbers will 2x once silentarmy gets integrated. I want ZP to make money for their hard work, but I also think that once they settle in, theyā€™ll need to take a look at their numbers to make sure that their customers can make some money as well (missing out on the day-1 bonanza will sting a lot less as long as people can make a decent ROI).

3 Likes

Payouts and Problems

There has been a series of fuckups beyond our control (explanation below). Our mine is running at about 50% capacity and should be 100% by Thursday. Everyone is getting credit for what they ā€œshould haveā€ mined and will get fractional payouts ASAP. Since our payout routine assumed weā€™d have full payouts, Salt is rewriting it as fast as he can for fractional payouts. We have too many customers to do manual payouts, plus weā€™d need to manually edit the database anyway.

Briefly, most of the motherboards, RAM, and cases are not here yet. Also, the mine got started late because of two bugs in zcashd.

The RAM Story
When you buy as much stuff as we do, you donā€™t get it from Amazon or Newegg. You use a distributor who works directly with the manufacturerā€™s warehouse. So Kingston outright lied to us about the amount of RAM they had in stock. We bought and paid for all the RAM on October 12th, then Kingston told us ā€œwhoops, we donā€™t actually have as much RAM as we sold you. Weā€™ll make some more soon.ā€ Funny enough, RAM prices had just gone up because of a natural disaster in Tiawan, and my suspicion is that Kingston sold our order out from under us to someone else whoā€™s a bigger customer.

The Motherboard Story
We send all of our US orders to a warehouse in northern New York less than an hour outside Montreal, where we clear the Canadian Customs paperwork, aggregate packages, and forward them to Labrador City. The motherboards were supposed to be picked up by UPS in Champlain, NY on Friday the 21st. When UPS arrived at the warehouse, someone there told the truck driver that there was no cargo to ship for Zeropond, so the trucker left. That didnā€™t get sorted out until Monday, and they didnā€™t pick up until Tuesday. UPS had told us it was a 2-day delivery from our warehouse to Labrador City, so when we didnā€™t see anything on Thursday, we needed answers. UPS claims that even though they picked up our pallet on Tuesday, and had it in a Montreal warehouse same-day, that they couldnā€™t get it onto a ferry in Montreal by 4pm Wednesday. Then they say that the ferry doesnā€™t run very often (bullshit), then it has to get transferred to a local carrier, then it will be another 2 days on the truck. Thereā€™s no big shipper that services Labrador City so they all transfer to local freight companies. Anyway, long story short, UPS told us 2 days and it will be 13. THIRTEEN DAYS from Champlain, NY to Labrador City, NL.

The Case Story
We bought open-air frames from a Bitcoin hoster named Project Spokane. Itā€™s a familiar story now that they said they could build and ship them in time, but in fact they were late. We paid for the frames on October 11th, but they didnā€™t arrive until this Wednesday, just two days before Genesis Block. The problem is, they only sent less than half of the cases we ordered and paid for. angryface. We are currently building wood frames with local labor here in Labrador City.

Zcashd Bugs
Weā€™ve filed two bugs with zcashd, both related to high usage, possibly deadlocks.

We all owe the Zcash dev team our thanks for making this great project we are all excited about. But it is still a work-in-progress and thatā€™s what Slow Start is all about. The dev team runs regression tests but not load tests, so when we put zcashd into our farm, things broke. I spent all morning on the day of Genesis Block writing software to work around these bugs in zcashd. Although I donā€™t want to slam the dev team, I am upset that they made changes to the code as late as RC2 which broke our miner just a couple days before Genesis Block. ā€œRelease Candidateā€ does not mean ā€œadd more features and changes.ā€ I personally consider the 1.0.0 release to be a beta at best. Anyway, these bugs meant that our mine was not operating at all for much of the day Friday.

Just a Sample
There have been many MANY more issues than these along the way, from vendors and shippers lying about their capabilities, to customs clearance problems, to banks withholding money, to outright incompetence. I didnā€™t want to write about any of these problems, because you our customers are paying for ā€œeasy.ā€ Itā€™s our responsibility to just Make It Happen.

Thanks for your patience and please know weā€™re doing everything we can to make it right. Iā€™m off to help Salt redo our payment process. Again, everyone is getting full credit for what they paid for, even though we are not fully operational. We will pay out everything we can, and hopefully the mine can catch up within a week.

Tim

14 Likes