1070 best setup and results

Hi all,

I’m new to mining zcash and recently stated mining Hush. I’m getting very similar hashing rates with my 1070 G1 Gigabyte but I’m finding that the settings in MSI are wildly different to what some people are posting here.

I’m aiming for low heat/noise with my rig and have spent a lot of time trying to optimise the settings but I’ve found that core and mem clock speed have very little affect when mining equihash.

I’ve got my power limit set at 60% and core at +100Mhz. Increasing mem clock makes no gains in my experience. With this, the cards are running at around 55~60C and fan speeds are low.

Have those miners above with mem clocked to +1000 noticed what difference it makes at 0??

I’m unsure what you are doing, but this is an incorrect statement. It most certainly does have an affect.
Best advice is to play around with the settings until the GPU locks up, then you know you’ve gone to high. Hit the reset button, lower the settings and see what happens.
As for the memory clock, there is a performance increase using it; however I have found there is a diminishing return from heat and power usage after a certain point. You will notice it while testing your limits.

1 Like

I have done as you suggested. My rig runs stable at +150 core +500 mem but
this has only gained 200 sol/s (up to 3600 from 3400… around 5% gain)
with 8x 1070’s. Hardly noticeable really.

I’ve previously mined dagger and neoscrypt which have a far more noticeable
difference when tuned.

Don’t know how you put those two sentences close. 5% increase is A LOT.

1 Like

Really? Ok fair enough. I’d only mined eth before this and was getting
around 30% gain in hash rate with 40% drop in power from stock to OC. I
know each algo is different but was expecting simular gains

And neoscrypt is about +20% hash rate -20% power.
Just thought I’m doing something wrong or missing a trick with hush/equihash

From stock settings to overclock equihash might have a small hashrate increse (or maybe even decrease) but energy drop can be easly from 20% to 50% witch is a lot.

I understand that your expectations were higher, what I would consider is end result: mining equihash with nvidia is the one of, if not, the most profitable and stable through them all.

Thought I add my 2-cents here.

I’m running 4x1070 and 1x1070ti on 65% TDP, 65 degrees temp limit, Core @ +125, Mem-clock @ +1000.

Using Win10, mining with Nicehash v2 and getting the below average rates -

Neoscrypt ~ 5.25 MH/s (1.05 / card)
Dagger ~ 150 MH/s (30 / card)
Equihash ~ 2.3 GH/s (TBC) (460 / card)

Power draw at the wall hovers around 720 W.

I’ve tried tweaking up the TDP to 75% only to get 3-5% more hashes so I went back to 65% to keep it fairly efficient.

just a fyi, there is no way you are getting 2.3GH with 5 1070’s, I think you meant 2.3 K

with a gigabyte G1 1070 I get 480-490 @ 125w (DC) with an overclock of I think +210 core and +800 mem. I’ve had it fail on memcpy before though so I may have to reduce to be 100% stable.

I stand corrected :slight_smile: