1070 Rig build question

so im building another rig of 6 1070s and was going to split the power with 3 cards on one 850watt, 3 cards on one 1000watt with cpu+mobo+ram…(and use add2psu) now my question is do i have to have all the risers going to one psu? or could 3 cards and 3 risers be on one psu and 3 risers and 3 cards be on the other psu?
thanking you

are a 850PSU and a 1000PSU for 6 cards not overkill?

i mean it might be a bit overkill… but im more worried about whether i have to connect all the risers to one psu or if i can have 3 risers + their corresponding gpus on one psu and 3 risers + their corresponding gpus on another psu…
as ive tried to google this information and come across many people saying thats fine and the correct way to do it and many people saying NO DONT YOU DARE, ALL OF THE RISERS GO TO ONE PSU!

just make sure that you connect the Molex connectors of the PSU directly to the riser and not through the Sata-Molex adapter. it is good for stability.
I have 4 GPUs + their corresponding risers which are all connected to one 850W PSU.
GPUs(EVGA GTX1080 Hybrid, Asus GTX1070 Expedition, Gainward GTX1060 3GB, Zotac GTX1060 3GB)

i am using also 2 PS. And one is for whole system+fans. + 2 CARDS + 2 risers

seconf PS is only for rest of GPU and coresponding risers

in case the the second PS failed everytning (GPU+reisers) on this PS are down, but the system can run with 2 GPU atleast

the problem is my psu’s only have one periph port with one periph cable of 3 molex connections… if i wanted to power 3 risers directly from the psu periph thats fine, but then i dont have any molex connections left to power the add2psu…
is the solution to buy extra 6pin to molex cables and run from the sata ports on the psu?

I have 6 1070 going to one EVGA 1200 PS running about 840w.

How did u connect to the risers?

To the psu. 2 cards per sata or molex connector. EVGA has 6 GPU spots.

17outs: “to the psu”… thanks. and actually depending upon which evga psu you buy you can have anywhere from 1 to 9 gpu spots.
“the problem is my psu’s only have one periph port with one periph cable of 3 molex connections… if i wanted to power 3 risers directly from the psu periph thats fine, but then i dont have any molex connections left to power the add2psu…
is the solution to buy extra 6pin to molex cables and run from the sata ports on the psu?”

2x 750watt PSU each 3vga… 3riser

you using sata to molex adapters for the risers? or what?

I have a similar setup.

5 x 1070, 2 Corsair PSU (1000W + 650W) connected toghether with add2PSU. On the 1000W PSU, I have connected the motherboard, SSD, and 3 cards (running at 165W each). The other 2 cards, and their corresponding risers are connected to the 650W PSU. I don’t have more than 2 risers connected on each molex/sata cable to the PSU.

All seems fine and draw a bit more than 1000W at the wall. Each card gives me around 500 Sol/s (all EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 except one Zotac, less overclockable, around 460 Sol/s). I’ve been running with this setup for a month on Linux and it’s pretty stable.

I use only one PSU Cooler master 1200W for 6GPU rig. You could decrease the MSI after burner to 70 Power to have less power consumption.

I ran 7x 1070s on 1200W ATX PSUs fine but then discovered one of these combined with one of these beats any ATX supply hands down. Forget multiple PSUs, forget add2PSU, forget adapters for risers.

There find if you have a 200v to 240 v line which a lot of people in the USA don’t we have 120 v lines. I have notice a lot of spamming here with these power supplies that a lot cannot use.

Sorry not intending to spam. I’m on 240V and forget about other standards elsewhere.

Where located? And I have seen a lot of this power supply pop up since I have been here…

New Zealand. IMHO it’s because they’re a great alternative to equivalent ATX units.