1080ti 2 out of four cards give Error Code 12

Just fired up my mining rig with two new 1080ti founders edition cards. They are giving me a Error Code 12 and will not run. I have windows 10 with version 10.0.16299. Motherboard is the ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 with the Intel Celeron G1840 processor. RAM is Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz (2x4GB). 1600W power supply and 6 PCIe VER 006 PCI-E 1X to 16X Powered Riser Adapters. Any thoughts?

I would try to go into BIOS and disable anything not needed for a mining rig like HD audio ECT… Also could try switching PCI to gen 1 or 2… Also head over to asrocks website and update to the latest bios and chipset drivers… asrock lists chipset drivers as INF drivers… Also could try to CMOS clear with the power supply cable unplugged from the PSU itself…error code 12 is a resource issue correct?

That is correct. I have tried all of these and they have not worked. Is there something wrong with that hardware set up?

Hmmmm not sure… I do however know the max amount of PCI express lanes supported on the H81 Chipset is 6… I doubt faulty PCI risers would cause a resource error but you could always try and see if they’re is any difference…

I replaced the risers and increased virtual ram up to 15 GB and still nothing : (. Even reset windows 10.

Well the H81 chipset has a pci express lane limit of 6 so running 6 cards at 1x gen 1 should work… if you have spare parts like a z170 board to test on i would give that a shot to see if your problem is a pci lane issue since code 12 is a resource issue error code…

Try booting SimpleMiningOS from a USB stick to see if it is something with the Windows installation that is acting up.