10x GPU 1080 TI Setup Idea

Hello Everyone, been doing some due diligence but haven’t found a lot of info on 10+ 1080TI GPUs on one rig only.

I compiled a list of items needed but due to lack of experience and how expensive the entire cost will be I’d rather make sure I am going in the right direction before committing to a purchase.

Just to let you know, my electricity cost is zero (Please I kindly ask not for anyone to ask how or why, the country I live in give’s me that option and that’s all we need to know because it’s off topic; thank you) so power efficiency is irrelevant to me and my only cost will be the actual hardware investment.

Here’s what I was looking at :-

• ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ Motherboard + Comes with CPU, RAM, 16GB SSD with ethOS MOBO/CPU/RAM/ethOS Bundle for 13 GPUs

• 5x GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GV-N108TAORUS X-11GD 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Xtreme Edition Video Card

• 5x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

• 2x CORSAIR AXi Series AX1500i Digital 1500W 80 PLUS TITANIUM Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire Ready Power Supply with C-Link Monitoring and Control

• 10x COBOC RISER-1X216X-SATA USB3.0 PCI-E PCI Express 1X to 16X Riser Cable Card Adapter w/ SATA 15pin Power Slot, 60CM USB 3.0 Cable Dedicated for BTC Bitcoin, LTC, ETH - Red

• 2x ModMyMods 24-Pin Dual Power Supply Adapter Cable - 30cm - Black (MOD-0210)

Now my question is do I have everything correctly setup here?

Am I missing anything and are all the items compatible with each other?

Will the 2 PSUs cover the entire 10x GPUs, MB and risers?

Is the dual power adapter correct?

Are the risers correct?

Did I choose the correct OS to start with or should I go with Windows 10? (I aim for most profitability and I was looking at dual mining ZEC and ETH, what does anyone suggest?)

What can I expect in monthly return or are the calculators all correct?

Please note that power is completely irrelevant to me as it is free from the wall socket.

Thanks in advance for any help everyone, cheers.

Z.

P.S. I tried linking more than one item but as a new user the forum wont allow it; so just copy the name of the items that are not linked above to www.newegg.com and it’ll list up if you want to take a look.

13x 1080Tis

Cheers bud, I’ll take a look at that thanks; any advice/comments/feedback on the setup I wrote above though? Would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Z.

Jimmy, thanks again for the link from the other poster in the forum but… With all due respect, that doesnt answer my question above, the poster has has a problem with his temp… I am simply asking if the parts I chose are enough/correct before I proceed with a large purchase and if I am going through with the right software/dual mining plan etc. I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks again,

Regards.

Z.

1 Like

Stay away from sata risers and I recommend to choose a bigger storage, keep in mind that at least 16GB of virtual memory will be required

1 Like

I’m building something pretty close to the same rig atm (my first aswell), but some thing about that bundle price tag doesn’t sit right.

How are they selling the H110 Pro BTC+ and a LGA-1151 cpu w/fan & ram for $400~?

I paid $256 for my H110 Pro BTC+, and about $300 for the cpu.

A power waste when you cant choose into gaming pc and mining rig

It’s not possible but you will be able to split GPUs into Ethereum/Zcash

whattomine is the more accurate
crytocompare is a wind farted of i dont know where

The MB is the same price, the memory is just one 4GB DDR4 stick and the CPU is a G3900 which goes for $40-$50… $300 is overkill and not needed. So it’s pretty okay priced…

Is extra RAM really needed? Back to the drawing board, I am getting more intune with the list in the description of the video you linked… God damn 3 hours lol, his producer must be from bollywood hehe

Virtual memory not RAM

Jimmy, you seem to know your info and have been much help so far and quick to respond… My main two concerns right now is if the 2x Corsair 1500w are enough for the setup I mentioned; I know the video says EVGA 1600w T2 but I don’t see much of a difference with an extra 200W plus those PSU are barely available anywhere at the moment and if they are the price tag is ridiculous… Generally I see reviews online also for the corsair better than the EVGA… So would those two corsairs be good enough?

Last question… Software… ethOS or Win 10 with all the extra goodies to improve hash rate?

Cheers.

Z

Gotcha, my bad. So 4GB RAM is okay, I’ll need around 64GB SSD+. Thanks again!

It will be clearly enought at 100%TDP or even 112% but u will need to spilt risers with cables

You should`ve bought cpu Intel Pentium G4600 3.6 LGA 1151 for 80$

If your cost is 0 you should use asic miners for mining. That ones is very easy to setup and draw much power , as long you dont pay that electricity the money goes in your pocket.
:smiley:

I was able to get 12 running. Had one bad pcie slot on the H110 pro, but the others are solid. I’m writing a bash script to manage overclocking and will probably share it when it’s mature enough.

More info:
3x EVGA 1200 P2 (4 gpu per PSU). 12x Zotac 1080 ti blower. Linux/CUDA. I’ve split the cards into two different EWBF processes, 6 on each.

That was the initial plan, but the research I did made me believe that the ASIC loses its life after a few months due to crazy difficulty rise… So I’m not sure about that… Can you elaborate?

I mean they were saying the new bitmain D3+ supposedly has 15GH/s… That’s what close to $6K monthly profits for a $1600 machine??

But is it really and how long will it last when the difficulty goes 10x

First thing is to recover investment faster and then profit. The D3 is a good investment. All type of mining is risk . More risk involved more profit. This is how i see it…