A Partnership with ProtonMail

Has anything from OP been verified? If not, this appears to have been a budget troll attempt in which case this thread should be removed.

2 Likes

I looked it up and Lockheed no longer owns Neustar, itā€™s owned by one of the major US credit agencies (think credit scores) Transunion. They also were involved in a project to help hollywood institute DRM schemes and also played a role with providing SMS services to the major telecom companies.

1 Like

Hi!
Sounds interesting and troublesome at the same time. Im a protonVPN user so was curious if you can make these sources available. After some digging I still canā€™t find anything on this.
Thanks!

You know, itā€™s funny youā€™d say that, but actually I put a breadcrumb link here in a message and it was removed by the staff. Iā€™ll speak to these two things in turn.

First, a caveat, Iā€™m a developer but not highly trained infosec person, so take it FWIW. Now, hereā€™s some links.

https://web.archive.org/web/2021*/https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/email-ddos-protection/
The last snapshot, October 31, 2021, mentions Neustar by name.

Hackernews discussion: this is the link I shared that was flagged as off-topic and removed.

For more background, some of the ownership facts stated here I dug into more and checked out.

And for good measure, this wasnā€™t what I was talking about above, but another case, in which Proton gave up an IP address of a user to French authorities. This article also cites the wayback machine. :slight_smile:

About the post being removedā€¦ I realize a bunch of sequential messages beating the same drum isnā€™t the bestā€¦ but a discussion around ā€œA Partnership with Protonmailā€ā€¦ The message I got about it said " Your post was flagged as off-topic: the community feels it is not a good fit for the topic, as currently defined by the title and the first post. This post was flagged by the community and a staff member opted to remove it." Iā€™m new here and I could see it being a situation of ā€œcut this person off, theyā€™re spammingā€ but then I donā€™t think I was off topic, I think I was contributing valid info that people hadnā€™tā€¦ in this privacy oriented community for the last 2.5 weeksā€¦

1 Like

Hi Layman, again I may have screwed up the forum best practices by posting twice, but I put your answer above, I just forgot to make that a ā€œreplyā€. :slightly_smiling_face:

There is no response yet from OP. This feels like a false lead to me because I could spend 10 minutes today and build and account named ā€œreal_TeslaPR_repā€ and post that Tesla is also interested in discussing Zcash integration. This thread should probably be closed

1 Like

@dodger said he reached out and @joshs said that @Beth would be in contact with OP. Itā€™s been 2+ weeks since this was posted. Does anyone have feedback or communications to report?

2 Likes

In progress. Stay tuned.

10 Likes

Partnership with Mullvad next, please.

5 Likes

Just a quick update here:

@decentralistdan and I had a great meeting with Proton and are actively working on putting together a proposal for them. Very excited about moving this one forward and will keep you all posted.

If you guys have any more suggestions or feedback, shoot me a message - I love ideas and feedback! beth@z.cash. or beth@electriccoin.co. Or message me here!

20 Likes

Is this matured to the point of being a formal thing with accompanying ECC blog post/ twitter thread/ etc etc?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great question!

I think itā€™s too soon for that but once Dan and I have collected feedback on the proposal from the team at Proton, we will be in a better position to outline next steps. Right now, the conversations are still exploratory as the Proton team is also working on their own internal strategies and roadmaps.

7 Likes

We cant give feedback if we dont know what its aboutā€¦

Very good idea,

Iā€™m a proton user since a long time and it will be a very good integration as it will bring more people to the eco-system

Best regards,

Het man @Protonprivacylover ,

Just shoot you some DMs, mind to have a look ?

I use protonmail to receive message from my website and work great.

What ever happened to this thread? Iā€™d love to see ProtonMail pick-up Zcash to allow for private, encrypted financial transactions to occur within their mailing service.

3 Likes

this is an echo of characters.

Iā€™d also like an update on this thread. Did anyone get in touch with OP on behalf of zcash?

5 Likes

@Beth has been speaking with them.

3 Likes