Alphabay now implements zcash

Same. That’s why I was curious. I’m still hopeful though.

1 Like

If Alphabay is actually gone for good i would have expected to see a drop in monero right? Major use of that coin disappearing and all.
Hopefully Zcash can get in as initial currency for whatever site replaces it…

1 Like

What if they planned this price drop, buy coins… reopen alphabay and than with a delay of 1-2 weeks activate zcash support as planned. The price would raise and they would “legally” earn a lot of money.

1 Like

Look at reddit/alphabay. Alphabay users are all moving away from it, and some lost lot of money.

1 Like

yea most of them don’t withdraw and deposit every dingle time make a purchase

That would be price manipulation

No words.

[Moderator note: trigger warning for reporting of suicide method.]

1 Like

Shit man. That’s a blow. I wonder where the future lies for Crypto now, we shall have to wait and see.

IMO, it’ll work out for crypto.
Would have been good to see ZEC used in one of the largest online black markets to prove its worth.
Generally impressed by LE, when you consider it took them just over 2 years to get both the Silk Road and then Alphabay - sure its a long case, but this is new territory.

Some of the theories now circulating are making me rethink what is and isn’t being reported.
LE in Thailand are known for easily taking bribes from prisoners so I don’t know If I want to completely ignore the theory of a plausible faked death, when you consider the amount of capital these guys had at stake to pay off corrupt officers.
Recall the two corrupt agents on Ross’s case with the false hit and it doesn’t really seem that out there.

That’s a fair point! I guess we’ll sit back and see what happens, but overall like you I think Crypto will be ok in the long run as it has many more uses than just the dark web.

This completely!
Once Bitcoin has segwit and then later lightning implemented, online payments will never be the same again.
The reduction in overall identify/credit card fraud could be reduced on a massive scale, if using cryptos for both online and physical identification/payments was made mandatory due to the fact that no third party is ever privy to a users private key; when you hand a company your card number plus its cvv you basically are saying “i don’t know who you are, but i have no other choice but to give you the keys to my castle, and must place my trust with you in order to make this transaction” and then cross your fingers they don’t get fubar.

Apologies @daira, I should have rightly placed a warning, so thanks for clearing up. Would have strongly preferred to not post this part of the report, as I dislike the thought of would be copycats, but as the case is relevant to the thread, it wasn’t really optional.

2 Likes