Binance banned in the UK

I agree, its pretty absurd. but it seems to be the current world. its 1am here and I have already had three friends contact me with “the sky is falling” - im having to explain to them that its not binance . com but . uk which whilst binance own it, it is about futures, something heavily regulated even if it is magic internet money.

afaict binance . com is fine and you can still use it in the uk, because magic internet money itsself is not regulated. but we will see, i could be wrong.

although then i have to explain how binance.com is very likely uncompliant with most fintech laws and if it goes that far they will shut up shop rather than pay to get the required certs (it costs a lot. especially as they cant use COTS payment HSMS and have to use bespoke network ones.) - they all took this as a given and part of the risk model though, which surprised me a bit.

@IsentropicExpansion welcome to the forums. I did not know that. is it binance.com? so proper binance as it were? It is worrying either way. I dont know if you have had much chance to look around yet, but i posted this in another part of the forum. imho it is the most compelling reason to use zcash - Articles about Privacy and Security - #131 by mistfpga

2 Likes