Community Call with the ZCG Candidates - 20:00 UTC on 15th December 2022

You’re faced with a 7 figure grant proposal for a team of builders. The proposal has caused some contention on the forum and the grant is not amenable to a majority of the committee. You think that the proposal would positively benefit the Zcash community, but you are in the minority. Explain how you would respond to this situation within the committee, community, and with the applicant.

7 Likes

Do you think that the committee should have open direct lines of communication with grant applicants for negotiating grants, deliverables, and providing feedback on proposals? Or on the opposite end of the spectrum, should the committee simply provide yes/no decisions? Or somewhere in between? Put simply, how important is, and to what degree would you communicate with the applicant?

8 Likes

What are your thoughts on the ethics and (in)efficiency of having private conversations with grantees about proposals or grants and disclosure of said conversations with the committee?

7 Likes

If any of the candidates would like to do audio/video testing, or anything else in prep for this call, DM me.

This post doesn’t feel legit but I (and lots of other folks here) can assure you that I’m for real :wink:

What role do you think a ZCG member has in ensuring that the Community Grants section of the forum maintains a positive, collegial environment?

3 Likes

While it has been discussed numerous times since ZCG/ZOMG’s inception, there are no clear guidelines for treasury management. Recently, the ZCG treasury has diminished substantially due to the ZEC token price. This has greatly impacted what it could be willing to fund during a bear market when the groundwork for success in the next bull run is laid. Would you commit to establishing guidelines for ZCG to manage its treasury in order to ensure the ability for a continuous stream of development whether it is a bull or bear market? For example, the cyclical nature of crypto markets is relatively well known, and diversifying a portion of the treasury to dollars during favorable market conditions could allow for the shielding of third party work from market downturns, allowing Zcash builders to stay comfy.

A straightforward algorithm could be applied by calculating the historical average monthly burn rate of ZCG and ensuring that a portion of the treasury is earmarked to maintain 24 months of grant support at the calculated burn rate.

1 Like

I believe that as the largest recipient of the dev fund tasked with the mission-critical role of decentralizing Zcash through supporting Major Grant recipients, ZCG has been too conservative. To date, only 30% of its funds have been spent. Do you agree or disagree that ZCG has been too conservative? Along these lines, do you think it is a greater risk to do too much or too little?

2 Likes

Do you think funding expensive media productions is an effective way to drive adoption for $ZEC?

2 Likes

Do you think project costs should be evaluated by the hour or by the value?

2 Likes

Candidate call is up on the ZF YouTube

9 Likes

hi,
I just would like to thanks all the candidates who took part in this call. I think as a community we are really lucky to have such diversity of people and opinions made of very mature individuals.
I am very happy for the existing members looking for renewal as well for the new entries which add a great value to the community. I just casted my vote and luckily didn’t have to exclude any of you because it would have been very hard!
The ZCG has done so far a great job, and I am sure it will even improve its operation and efficiency.

Guys (and girls) you rock!

6 Likes