Here are the updates from this week.
- Zcash’s shielded pool hit an all time high this week with ᙇ700k. You can always get the latest and greatest shielded metrics here.
- ZOMG! The MGRC is now the Zcash Open Major Grants, ZOMG. They are officially launched and accepting applications. Check out the website here.
- ECC is hiring for two positions! We’ve got ambitious plans for 2021 and we need talented, passionate people to get us there.
- ZF published a blog with their plans for growing user adoption. Nathan said it perfectly, “It’s wonderful to see this vision and roadmap for Zcash that’s both independent of ECC while also built around shared core values. We look forward to collaborating with complementary strengths and focused on amazing things for Zcash in 2021!
- In more ZF news,
- Crypto Reports: Messari’s Crypto Thesis for 2021 includes positive sentiments for Zcash. Electric Capital dives into the Crypto Developer Ecosystem in their latest annual report.
- This week, EFF ran a fundraising campaign that let users double their impact by donating from a shielded address. You can donate to their transparent or shielded addresses.
Mark your calendars,
- Tues, 12/15 - ECC Q4 AMA Livestream, we’ll have reps from all of ECC’s teams: Core, Wallet, Engineering, Regulatory, Marketing and Leadership. Submit questions here. Set a reminder here.
- Wed, 12/16 - Zero Knowledge Privacy in Regulated Financial Transactions, this panel will discuss the state of financial privacy, current KYC/AML regulations and the functional aspects of zero knowledge proofs. Panelists include Jack Gavigan, Product & Regulatory Relations at Electric Coin Company, Nasmin Jenkouk, Lawyer at Annerton, and Raymond Yeh, Software Engineer at GovTech. The panel will be hosted by Liz Steininger, CEO at Least Authority. Register here.
This week in crypto, insurance giant MassMutual buys bitcoin (Coindesk). Michael Saylor of Microstrategy is on a crypto tear, raising $650M in debt securities to buy bitcoin (Decrypt). WEF wants to standardize ethical data collection…with blockchain (Coindesk).