What a couple of weeks in crypto-land! Here is your latest round of updates.
- Zooko penned a blog post that poses: Should Zcash switch from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake?
- ECC plans to release the Halo Arc for Zcash product suite later this year. With it, we’re introducing “auto-shielding” in our mobile wallet SDKs and unified addresses at the Zcash protocol level.
- ECC transitions to user-focused product strategy.
- ECC’s Crypto in Context program has been proposed for next year’s SXSW conference. Vote up the panel is SXSW’s panel picker.
- We’re still accepting applications for our open positions here at ECC.
Mark your calendars
- ECC is hosting a live AMA in Twitter Spaces on Tuesday, August 17 at 22:00 UTC. Bring your questions and join us!
- Almost fully complete with first iteration of new on-call rotation
- Updated Pushover account to team tier
- Updated Dockerhub account
- Completed initial investigation/implementation into docker scan infrastructure via Synk
- Made optimizations to batch note encryption and Sinsemilla
- More optimizations in progress!
- Made the final consensus change!
- Update Poseidon instantiation from 58 to 56 partial rounds
- We now have a low-level API for ZIP 339 (equivalent to BIP 39)
- ZIP 339: Wallet Recovery Words (seed phrases)
- Support in Zcashd will be available prior to NU5 activation
- Merged a number of backports that are necessary for preparations for NU5 features
- Support added for Parsing and serialization of Unified Addresses
- Apple account recovery complete
- New wallet progress on Android and iOS
- Continued work with Unstoppable Wallet, close to launching v0.22
- Interviewing, interviewing, interviewing for our open roles
In the news
Notably, crypto is on the minds of everyone in Congress. As we all refresh our memories on how a bill becomes a law, the crypto community mobilized to stand up for coins in the face of the big infrastructure bill. Brian Brooks steps down as Binance.US CEO after only three months. SEC Chief Gary Gensler calls for aggressive regulation of digital assets. And a new Harris Poll suggests that Black, Latinx, and LGBTQ+ communities demonstrate strong interest in crypto as a new and inclusive path forward.
Enjoy the weekend!