Difficulty Rising

would appreciate to see you go forward instead of staying still where you are now…

it just seems that way because everything else is in so much more of a hurry

what we have to do is to buy more ASICs from asic manufacturers to keep our profit

Nobody can prevent a fork, but miners are a subset of users who are motivated by profit and will back the most popular chain out of self interest like they did with BTC over BCH. You’re absolutely right about ZEC forks being a possible outcome, but Ethereum Classic comes to mind as one that didn’t have a long term negative effect on Ethereum’s price.

It’s true that miners can and will do this (XMR/XMC as another example) if they have sufficient incentive to do so. If Zcash ever attempts to phase out ASICs entirely than a contentious fork will be a certain outcome, because owners of Equihash ASICs have little or no choice in the matter. However, that coin could plummet in value and eventually the ASIC miners would no longer be able to profitably sustain their mining leading to the forks eventual demise. That’s what I mean when I say users have more power over ZEC than miners in the long run, but that assumes that the majority of Zcash users are not also ASIC miners.

This is a horrible idea.

Old topic but worth to mention the new records today:

Today’s Stats:
Hashrate: ~4.5 Gsol/s
Difficutly: ~ 80,000,000

2 weeks ago for comparison
Hashrate: average about 2.6-2.7 Gsol/s
Difficutly: average about 46,000,000-50,000,000

Happy mining Miners :rofl::innocent:

Many old equihash asic miner will brick soon.
Asic friendly = Not environmentally friendly.

1 Like

Its just a blink of an eye to how many GPU cards that were bricked because of mining.

Also anyone that is concerned about being environmentally friendly and isn’t mining from solar power well…

1 Like

You are wrong.
No GPU card were bricked after not profit in mining.
GPU miner can sell them to pc game player、scientific researcher、multimedia player.
Even now GPU miner can keep mining with their old GPU card released three years ago ,It is still profit to mining with Nvidia GTX and AMD RX series cards.
And who will buy ASIC miner that is not profit anymore?
When ASIC miner not profit anymore ,it is electronic garbage.

1 Like

It’s just like this.
It’s a huge amount of asic hashrate that went online the last few days.

While i supported asics than back, unfortunatly which i indeed regret today, i didn’t expect that sooo many new asics will be produced and it will stay on a more limited hashrate level.
Even this assumption was totally wrong from todays Point of View, easy as that. Today it’s just clear that the average joe ZEC miner in the average european or west world doesn’t take part anymore in mining. Let’s be realistic with todays hashrate and geographical ZEC mining centralization.

Nobody else, other than the low electricity cost china/former soviet region miners is making a dime from mining today, neither there is an option to keep the pace of them or re-invest profits as nobody from 10+ cent electricty cost has even seen a bit of profit, not even talking about a good profit that could be reinvested.

No Roi, No nothing, just hardware and electricity company sponsoring we did with these asics. No rant, just realistic overview for the upcoming 1 year ZEC anniversary :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not wrong It just seems you have a different definition from the rest of the world as to what brick means.
A brick ASIC or a brick GPU means that it is hard locked, no longer works, unusable.

it has nothing to do with if its PROFITABLE to use or not.

1 Like