GTX 1070(m) Mining & setup

Hello, i’m a student and i own a Asus GL502VS laptop (i7 7700HQ and1070m).
I’m interested to btc mining but i saw that it’s not profitable to mine btc with a 1070, so people told me to use zcash.
However i have troubles at setup, i successfully installed the wallet,able to run zcash but i have troubles to connect to any pool (doesnt seems to mine or keeps downloading stuff …)
Any advice? Thanks!

I wouldn’t advice you to mine with a laptop. It’s adviced to mine in open cases, meaning regular ATX (big) cases are not recommended for being closed (needs air flow). Imagine with a laptop that’s thinner than a desktop GPU. Overheating will be an issue and it’s just not worth it, honestly. Just my opinion, though

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
The GL502VS has an interesting cooling system, and i have some additional equipment to coll the laptop.
Anyway, any idea about how to setup zcash with a pool anyone?

1. Use Zcash Wallet Android/iOS app from Freewallet to create a ZEC wallet easily

2. Download EWBF cuda miner and edit the .bat file to add your ZECwallet email/rig name ( https://github.com/nanopool/ewbf-miner/releases )

3. Set fans at the max speed, set temp limit and lower TDP with MSI Afterburner ( Afterburner )

4. RMA :smile:

1 Like

hola Carlos, que GPU usas? por casualidad 1070 ? para saber que setup le pusiste y cuantos soles te dan (soy de Vzla tambien) saludos!