How to get transparent addresses list?

I have found

~/zcash/./src/zcash-cli z_listaddresses

to list your protected z-addr adrresses created by

./src/zcash-cli z_getnewaddress

but for transparet t-addr created by

./src/zcash-cli getnewaddress

I cannot find any similar command, also checking whitin original bitcoin client Original Bitcoin client/API calls list - Bitcoin Wiki except some that provide list but not include the address just created as

./src/zcash-cli listreceivedbyaddress
/./src/zcash-cli listaddressgroupings

thanks

You can use ./src/zcash-cli listtransactions to see all transparent addresses that have balances, mature and immature.

Just like in Bitcoin when you start Zcashd you have a keypool of 100 addresses for receiving and sending funds, I don’t think there is a way to get a list of all keys in the wallet unless they have a balance. They are just a randomly generated set of keys that don’t mean anything until they are used in creating a transaction.

2 Likes

You can simply use zcash-cli listreceivedbyaddress 0 true to get all your transparent addresses :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This does not work for me, does it work for you?

it works for me. lists t_addresses and associated amounts in json format. but how do i change the account? or, i suppose the better question is, how do i associate a human readable description with transparent addresses?

Hello.

If need to get list of transparent addresses try this, see below

./src/zcash-cli getaddressesbyaccount “”

Returns the list of addresses for the given account.

Arguments:

1. “account” (string, required) MUST be set to the empty string “” to represent the default account. Passing any other string will result in an error.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Andy

3 Likes