I hope you’re well. Here is your ecosystem round-up on this Friday.
- Need one more reason to sign up for the ECC Newsletter? Sometimes we give away prizes.
- We’re still hiring for multiple roles here at ECC. More details and applications can be found on our careers page.
- We are thrilled to announce our new Head of Regulatory Relations, Jessica Mila Schutzman!
- The Zcash NU5 release schedule has been updated. Testnet activation window is set for mid- to late-August and main net activation is mid- to late-November.
- Conducted several interviews for associate devsecops, senior devsecops, senior security eng
- Fixed testnet-n-a-box and updated Tekton components to recent pipeline and dashboard versions
- Published Zcash Automation, public Terraform code for automating Zcashd and Zebrad in public clouds (starting with GCP)
- Open documentation issues are now in the low teens
- ZecWallet CLI Mac OS installer is now a binary Cask Formula
- Incremental update to ZecWallet CLI Tutorial
- Merged the Orchard Action circuit!
- A colossal amount of review & optimization.
- Added an optimization that allows for automatic combining of selectors.
- New benchmarks for the Action circuit, more optimizations coming
- Made the table API for lookups more robust, fixing a soundness error in the process.
- Addressed changes to Poseidon hashes requested by auditors.
- Android: released new version of the SDK 1.3.0-beta17
- Completed autoshielding polish: found and corrected OBO error
- iOS: Added network agnostic build
- Allow testnet v. mainnet to be a variable rather than a separate build
- Removed a lot of complexity from the build process
- Aditya mempool streaming API modified, tested and merged (PR 358)
- Working with Unstoppable to migrate to latest iOS sdk (PR 3066)
In the news: The United States Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs held an open hearing called “Cryptocurrencies: What are they good for?”, Singapore is becoming an innovative hub for crypto companies, Google’s Neel Mehta offers a case for crypto becoming part of the establishment, and there’s great tax news for bitcoin miners. What did you see in the news lately? Share in the comments below.
Enjoy the weekend!