Here are your weekly Zcash updates:
- ECC is hiring. Check out our career page to learn more about these openings: Developer Relations Lead, Senior DevOps Engineer, Head of Regulatory Relations, and Digital Marketing.
- Have you heard about Unified Addresses? ECC is collecting feedback on a proposed upgrade to improve the UX for Zcash transactions moving forward. Check out this Github issue for more details.
- Travala now supports Zcash. Book your summer travel with ZEC today.
- ICYMI - here’s a recording from Zooko’s presentation at Priv8 Summit this week.
Mark your calendars -
- 3/30 - This month’s Zeal call features Yan Zhu from Brave and Jay Graber from Happening.net. We’re trying something new this month - Zeal calls will be livestreamed. Subscribe to ECC’s youtube channel to get the latest alerts.
- 4/27 and 5/25 - We have great speakers lined up for the next two Zeal calls: Ashkan Soltani, Robin Berjon will discuss Global Privacy Control in April and Julia Angwin will discuss journalism holding big tech accountable in May. Read more here.
- Completed CentOS 7 build for Bithumb
- M1 Mac setup and troubleshooting builds for iOS LightClientKit
- 50% through github data export for some Tekton vs BuildBot comparison data
- Testnet Faucet rewrite initial requirements written, to be pared down for practical delivery time
- Transaction metric delivered for wallet team
- Published 0.5 release of the Rust crates which includes Data Access API, ZIP 302 memos, and significant improvements to trial decryption
- Merged a large part of the initial Orchard implementation
- Transaction builder is nearly complete aside from proof creation
- Draft ZIP 302, Standardized Memo Field Format merged
- Fixed two bugs related to creating transactions with no change outputs
- Unified Address requirements and scoping work
- NCC specification audit interim readout on the 22nd with a follow on this afternoon
- Level of Effort estimation for security input for Unified Addresses
- Max Amount/Full Note spend bug identified, squashed (huge thanks to core for the support), now working on an easy recovery strategy for affected users.
- More in depth iOS logging deployed on team release
- Team testnet build for Android to flatten in flight feature development and bug fixes
- UA contributions and effort estimations
In the news, EFF and internet advocates call on ISPs to commit to protect basic user privacy. A Visa study shows that 25% of credit card users in LATAM want to experiment with cryptocurrencies. That’s all for now folks!