Hey everyone! Welcome to April’s forum update. If you have any questions feel free to drop a comment here, or tag me in the Zcash Community Discord @januszgrze#6095.
- We welcomed Matilda Johnson as a Project Manager on the growth team!
- ECC co-hosted a PGP (“Pretty Good Policy”) for Crypto Breakfast in DC with industry partners. This will be a monthly event, bringing together professionals to build a stronger crypto policy community.
- Our next Twitter Spaces will be Tuesday May 3rd at 3:30pm EDT. The format will be the same as last.
- Zero knowledge proving system, Halo, will be available under MIT / Apache 2.0 licenses. There also is a joint grants committee between ECC & Filecoin Foundation. Blog post here.
- ECC released 4.6.0-2 and 4.7.0, making a huge step towards NU5.
- Supported two releases (4.6.0-2 and 4.7.0) which included testing, debugging, publishing and the related infrastructure
- Maintaining and supporting testnet health and stability throughout the releases
- Continuing conversion between Zenhub and Freshdesk, including development of process to identify when to use each solution
- Started hiring process for Developer Relations Lead
- Released zcashd v4.7.0!
- This is a huge step towards NU5 activation. It brings full support to the Orchard shielded pool.
- Also brings Unified addresses to testnet.
- Steady progress growing the Halo 2 developer community.
- Productive discussions on API and protocol
- Performance improvements are being sent upstream to us!
- Improved performance of Sapling proofs (via bls12_381 crate)
- Added Contact Support scaffold screen
- Major test coverage improvements for Android configuration changes (e.g. screen rotation)
- Support for smaller screen sizes
- Improvements to existing scaffold screens (onboarding)
- App builds attached to CI output
- Modernize build for kotlin-bip39
- User Preferences Storage component
- Keychain secure storage component
- Integrate real Seed from MnemonicSwift
- Update Badge Icons
- Send Flow / Request ZEC UI components (in progress)
- Darksidewalletd tests for Shielding Funds (in review)
- Rust FFI uses Librustzcash latest master commit! (in review)
In Zcash news, Zcashmedia released their first documentary “Future Money: What is Zcash?” to the community (57k views!!!), with a second coming out this week. The Zcash Foundation announced that Zcon3 will be happening in Vegas, August 7-9, and Zcash Community Grants announced its first two Request For Proposals. Exciting times here
Thanks for reading. If there’s any questions, let me know!