Lawzec for major grants review committee

1. I am bullish on BTC on the long term and it represents my largest allocation of my wealth, but I am not excessively bullish because the distribution of holders will permit whales to slowly divest over the following decades. I learned about bitcoin in 2012 at a conference from a notable writer in the space, but it didn’t just click. Sad face. As I watched bitcoin peak at $1,000 in 2014 and it became the conversation of my more normal libertarian friends, I was looking to buy the dip based purely on technicals alone. However, not giving bitcoin a full study left me to make the some disastrous and unfortunate conventional purchases and meatspace investments to celebrating my conventional decent gains using that bitcoin in early 2016. Unfortunately, I did not give proper study to the space until after the 2017 peak. Fully recognizing what I had done, I spent this bear cycle securing a lifetime hold. I will not make the same mistake I made in 2016. I am still concerned about regulatory issues surrounding Brock Pierce and friends and their magic tether machine. I do not think that bitcoin is guaranteed a certain USD price simply based on stock to flow or whatever the bitcoin twitter charts suggest. The study of the space led me to zcash.

2. I have been managing my own accounts since I was 18 (worked at a discount broker through college), and will not address the size.

3. It depends on how the MGRC votes. I favor larger grants.

4. I am a fan of the unconventional. I am looking for a viral hit. I think the value of the MGRC is a potential new vision of less technical members through studied deliberation. The ECC and ZF are responsible for infrastructure, while MGRC can be more adventurous, but not downright silly. As I was saying on the call, I am interested in alternatives to AirBnB and short term rentals. Perhaps digital nomads have fewer allegiances, but traveling privately is relatively nonexistent. let your mind go wild with the product name z2zdoors.

5. I have mentioned earlier that grants should be issued to transparent addresses. like I’ve also said in earlier post, the idea of maintaining contact with recipients of grants leads to a conclusion of longer term projects with small milestones.

6. I am decidedly bearish on Ethereum, and DeFi is a marketing misnomer. I think that we will see the most abusive ethereum promoters at least successfully sued civilly and DeFi “devs” potentially charged criminally this cycle. However, my past track record with ether isnt stellar, I bought Ether on Coinbase at $7-15, sold it too soon of course, and gave it solid study only after fomoing it near the top. Anyway, I think I’m more capable now, and believe that ethereum will be the poster child for the next extended bear. tragedy of the commons. zcash is in a powerful position to benefit long term from ethereum’s demise.

7. I am an english only speaker. US based. In cannabis reform, I have met people from all walks of life. I’m a lawyer, so I am not responsible for team execution, but I’ve sat through plenty of corporate decision making events. It’s the red flags that guide me away from bad decisions.

8. Study and investigation. That’s really it.

9. Can you restate your question? I think this relates to my answer above about MGRC being able to move more boldly than ZF or ECC.

10. I am short term bearish for macro reasons and ethereum defi and degeneracy that makes the space further unattractive. I do not think that a five digit zcash price is realistic within 2-3 years, but should it happen, I think then the MGRC has clearly succeeded in finding that viral hit, and it no longer is necessary, but can unfold into a more active community management style that many community members want. I also think a single digit price is also unrealistic, but I will begin establishing a sizeable lifetime zcash hold during this bear market just like my lifetime bitcoin hold in the last bear should that occur. I’ve already shared more thoughts here: Price Speculation - #7168 by lawzec

4 Likes