List of competition privacy projects?

Thinking about making a list including all (most) privacy coins which are direct competitors to ZEC.

Such list could include a lot of information like features, data, whatever of the competion privacy coins.

Would such list help the Foundation & Zcash co if the community/forum members watch competition and share results in an well organized thread here?

I’am asking the foundation as i personally don’t feel comfortable making a list of competion coins without approval from the foundation as it could be considered advertising competition coins, which is for sure not the intention in this case.

Like i maintain and update the “list of equihash projects” i think we could do as well this list of privacy coins with the help of some the community, forum members and maybe even the foundation/zcash that can share inputs on differences, advantages and whatever on given points in comparison, not?

Eventually such detailed & keept updated list could help “monitoring” competition, spot privacy new comers and track their development as well…

Just a thought, would like to hear if such an approach is wished and supported.

1 Like

here is a list of privacy coins from messari.io,for some reason Dash, Beam and Grin are not classified as privacy coins in the website. This information is public and available to all, you don’t have to sign in to obtain the information.This list is sorted by marketcap.

1 Like

Recently i notice that zencash(Horizen) has gone up 10% after the fix announcement against zcash which has recovered 4.5%.

Sorry should be a part of price speculation thread…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually the idea behind the list is more than info you can see on such sites like messari, for example the exact privacy features and other interesting details which of course can/should include such available on messari as well.

Just 1 view on the messari list actually shows that it does not include a lot of privacy coins or projects pretending to be privacy coins, leave alone new comers like Beam, Grin, Bitcash, Bitcoin Confidential totally missing…

Correct, its not complete information.Personally, i’am not a fan of competition that has plagued the crypto world, its hurting more than benefiting the global crypto community. There should be just genuine projects against scammy projects,genuine projects should stay and drive away the scammy projects. Hope that happens before the next bull run.

1 Like

I think a thread discussing other privacy coins would be fine, if you’re interested in creating it. As long as it stays civil and doesn’t get too partisan. @Shawn any objections?

1 Like

I think it would be useful to have perspective on cryptocurrencies which provide (or claim to provide) privacy as a resource for users. It’s not uncommon that folks are curious about the technical differences between Zcash and Monero, for example. A goal should be to provide the most accurate information by gathering info from sources both internal and external to those projects.

3 Likes

I don’t have any issues with a list. Whoever decides to maintain it should try to be as accurate as possible as Paige mentioned.

1 Like

okay, i’ll start the fun

1 Like

Absolutly agree with this one. I as well suggest that the list does NOT include anything related to price, down from all time high and such info. I suggest as well not to include information like exchanges (not really important here), level of decentralization (hard to measure and many projects are transform anyway), inflation and some more subjective details.

To ensure it’s a neutral list just for the use of comparision i suggest as well that every post that is used to advertise a given project, inclused price speculations, or such like, immediatly gets flagged and deleted to have a real usefull list and overview of the competition based on technical details, innovations, such like.

My suggestion is a list with the following details (if someone has more ideas please post!)

Project Name: Name here, for example Zcash
Project Ticker: Ticker here, for example ZEC
Since: Year of Release, for example 2016
Max. Supply: 21.000.000 ZEC
Type of Funding: had ICO, Premine, whatever here. For example NO ICO, NO Premine,
Consensus Type: POW for example
Algorithm: Equihash
Base Code: Forked or established from Bitcoin as an example
Mineable: Yes/No with hardware, for example: Yes, with Asic hardware
Difficulty Adjustment for Mining: (not sure about this one would be that usefull in a comparision list?!
Developer count: For example 15 known devs or open community driven
Masternodes: Yes/No
Privacy by default: Yes/No
Optional privacy/transparency: Yes/No

Privacy Features: Detailed but as short as possible explaination of the privacy features. Researched and written by a technical more advanced person like me that has better English. I think it shouldn’t be a problem to have a given coin/project on the list reviewed/researched/investigated by a forum member with good technical and English skills and than the various aspects added to the coin “profil”.

Other: Other interesting info. For example unique features, innovations, approaches,

Any other suggestions on what details to include?

Suggestion
Change the thread name to “similar privacy projects”

1 Like

Why similar? These could be totally different on everything …

Then “disimiliar”, 20 char

1 Like

@Autotunafish has a point,
It’s not actually a competition, but more of a different focus and approach. Heck, I’d say most coins support eachother and give pride to their differences…

1 Like

Or just “List of Privacy Coins” to have it simple and clear?!

1 Like

Any suggestions which coins/projects to include into the list?
Here my suggestions:

Zcash:
Veil: Hybrid Privacy coin X16RT/POS
BEAM:
GRIN:
Monero:
Bitcoin Confidential: To be released very soon
Bytecoin:
Verge:
Dash:
Electroneum:
PIVX:
Zcoin:
Bitcoin Private:
Enigma:
Apollo Currency:
NavCoin:
Zclassic:
Dero:
Loki:
DAPS Project:
Cryptic Coin:
Aeon:
Spectre Coin:
Deep Onion:
Cloak Coin:
Phore
Graft
Stealth
Haven Protocol
Shield
BitcoinZ
SnowGem
Ryo Currency
Zero
Sumokoin
Bitcoin Zero
Lobstex
Bulwark
Noir: (rebrand of Zoin)
Hush
Wispr
Privcy
Crave
Bitcash

Dang, I’ve never even heard of most of these.

That’s a lot! I didn’t know many of them.

you’re not the only one, I didn’t know either