List of true Volume Exchanges

Thought to make a list of indeed reliable exchanges with true volume and honest approach.

Don’t get fooled by reporting sites like coinmarketcap that list exchanges with high volume pairs that just are fake, unreal and in best case wash trading, all of what hurts us normal hobby and even professional traders.

That’s why i think a list of true volume exchanges will help us all here. I myself experienced allready several exchanges where the order book has just such big gaps that it even makes no sense to trade there anyway, no matter they have huge reported volume for a given pair.

Hopefully the community shares experience as well so we can make a good safe list of true volume exchanges and avoid the others:

Exchanges that seem to report and have true real volume:

• Coinbase PRO
  • Kraken
  • Kucoin
  • Bitstamp
  • Bittrex
  • Stex
  • Poloniex
  • Gemini
  • Tradeogre
  • Binance

Absolute Fake Volume Exchanges by self experience or community feedback:

• Lbank
  • Sistemkoin
  • Bit-Z
  • ZB com
  • Bibox
  • Bitmart
  • Bithumb

more to be added soon …

4 Likes

The 227 pages report by Bitwise regarding Fake volume exchanges, how to spot them and a lot more usefull info. Indeed a good read, even a must read for traders in my opinion:

https://www.sec.gov/comments/sr-nysearca-2019-01/srnysearca201901-5164833-183434.pdf?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTnpZMlpEWmxOall5Tm1NNSIsInQiOiJIZGhpZ3pDZVc5V1NQdUdnVkRGeEpFMHpzWEZ3aVB5ZldweW5Hb01lbW1lcjRsRlwvT0JkcWN4TnZPOURidTdJRExYa3pMT092RFVoSE5qang5VXdieGFxbXNKZmhUM0liSFBUakxGTGFFSFVpXC8zSm9lRWpwTlQ4RG1uSnQ4clJKIn0%3D

3 Likes

boxalex, piece of good reading. I’m gonna pass it over in some crypto circles, because I’ve heard too many stories about newbies buying such fake volume exchanges to be indifferent.

1 Like

Thats a really good read & worth the time - nice analysis on good-vs-dodgy exchanges.

1 Like