Looking for feedback from the mining community!

Hey folks, the Zcash Company is looking for feedback from miners (past, present and future!) about the state of Zcash mining. We figured the best way to collect this data was a form: Mining Community Feedback

If you know miners who left the community due to ASIC developments earlier this year, please forward them this form and let them know we’re interested in hearing from them!

If you have any questions, feel free to ping me or leave a comment here.

Please keep comments in this thread about the questionnaire itself rather than mining topics. I don’t want this to turn into another debate thread, there are plenty of those already.

8 Likes

Good idea.

Out of curiousity, did you send this form to Bitmain and Innosilicon as well? (Just kidding!)

We’re trying to get the word out to the past and present Zcash mining community but also keep it somewhat contained within the community. We’ll see how that works out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I filled it in, but not sure what is to be gained from it, as no one asked us GPU miners what we think about not forking away from ASICS and we were forced out of the network.

To me it’s a waste of time. Let’s see if zcash makes it till Oct. 2019.

I filled out the form, thank you for the opportunity to give the team feedback.

2 Likes

You’re welcome to include related comments in this form (you should be able to update your entry since you already submitted).

The goal is to hear all feedback about mining experiences and if you feel like your voice was neglected, that’s an important data point to include.

Thank you!

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Announcing Zcash Blossom and proposed feature goals

Thank you for the feedback. I hope you included it in your entry so it will be considered when reviewing the responses!

I’d like to request that comments in this thread be about the questionnaire itself rather than mining topics. I don’t want this to turn into another debate thread, there are plenty of those already.

Edit: I moved this person’s post I was responding to (and a subsequent response) into the thread about Blossom proposed feature goals for better context.

3 Likes