Major Grants Review Committee Candidates MEGATHREAD

Some of these questions are already answered by ZIP 1014:

No. “The Major Grant Review Committee is subject to the same conflict of interest policy that governs the ZF Board of Directors (i.e. they MUST recuse themselves when voting on proposals where they have a financial interest).”

Is being a ECC member a conflict of interest for serving on the MGRC?
Is being a ZF member a conflict of interest for serving on the MGRC?

No, but “At most one person with association with the ECC, and at most one person with association with the ZF, are allowed to sit on the Major Grant Review Committee. “Association” here means: having a financial interest, full-time employment, being an officer, being a director, or having an immediate family relationship with any of the above.”

ECC’s candidate is David Campbell (@alchemydc). As far as I know there is no candidate with association with the ZF, yet. @Shawn is a candidate representing the ZF.

Should current rules be kept in place requiring all the board members be replaced every year?

There is no requirement that all board members be replaced every year; only that their terms last for one year. The current wording is:

“Major Grant Review Committee members SHALL have a one-year term and MAY sit for reelection.”

I would expect that any hypothetical future change to this requirement would not be applicable to the terms of the initial MGRC members.

Should the MGRC move a portion of funds into a ‘savings’ account to fund larger unforeseen projects?
What % of funds per block should be allocated to a savings account?
Should the MGRC grant Zcash, or USD, or half/half?
Once elected, should the 5 members brainstorm a formal process for determining whether a grant is funded or not?

It is up to the MGRC members to decide how they manage funds and how they make grants, subject to the Transparency and Accountability requirements.

The rest of the questions remain open as far as ZIP 1014 is concerned.

9 Likes