Here are your weekly Zcash updates:
- Zcash got a shoutout on the latest Tim Ferris podcast feat. Vitalik Buterin and Naval Ravikant.
- Thorchain+Zcash bridge has got a lot of people talking on the forum.
- NewMoneyReview published an article on three different models for anonymous CBDCs. What do you think about the “Zcash model”?
Mark your calendars -
- 3/23 - Zooko is speaking at Orchid’s Priv8 Summit along with speakers like Edward Snowden, Audrey Tang and Cindy Cohn.
- 3/30 - This month’s Zeal call features Yan Zhu from Brave and Jay Graber from Happening.net. Register here.
Community Shout Outs - Congrats to @brunchtime on your recent ZOMG grant and for pitching in during the MozFest presentation earlier this week. Shout out to zec.art for introducing a collection of amazing zcash-inspired work. Shout out to @honeywest for contributing 2 good community PRs that were merged this week. Shout out to @Elio for contributing a PR to remove dependence on Firebase, that was merged this week as well.
- lightwalletd security update pushed out
- Maintenance and fixes pushed for testnet seeder
- Prometheus and Promtail bindings to tekton controller (delivers tekton specific stats like pass/fail, build duration, latency of work request)
- Began work for Faucet replacement (broke out work, installed agent on current faucet to help baseline request loads)
- Trial install and test of tekton IDE plugin for visualizations and builder controls
- Merged drafts of all remaining NU5 ZIPs: 216, 224, 225, and 252
- Published a draft of the Zcash Protocol Specification reflecting changes related to the NU5 ZIPs
- Published NU5 Proposed Features blog post
- Progress on merging upstream (Bitcoin) locking fixes
- Made improvements to the solution for zero-knowledgeness in Halo 2 and great security proof progress (zero-knowledgeness updates make this easier)
- Implemented Sinsemilla primitives in librustzcash
- NCC specification audit kick off meeting on Monday the 15th
- Redwood now interrogates lots of facets of a list of repos and stores + changes
- Lightwalletd DoS fixes merged and tagged
- To avoid disruption, we’ve begun migrating our Android repos in response to JCenter’s shutdown announcement. All future releases will now go to Maven Central and previous releases will be migrated, soon.
- iOS memo security bug patched and rolled out
- Both platforms transitioned to updated SQLite crate that uses the Data Access API
- iOS Logging library created “zealous-logger” to help us debug difficult issues and will make it into a future release in the near future.