MGRC Candidate Q&A Live Streams - Dates and Information

hi,

Sorry to be that guy again. It annoys me too. but a few of the questions are really not up for discussion. I feel we would be better using our time to discuss other things. I have put a list at the end and what the answers are.

is it too late to add a question? - as a CAP member.

In the discussions before, the community were keen on getting the MGRC to a point where in 4 years they will not have to receive block rewards.

With the pressure to award grants that could produce an ROI, what are the candidates going to do to make sure the funds are fairly disbursed between potential profit making grants and non profit making grants.

Maybe this can be a back up question if the ECC respond negatively to the volatility reserve.

All these questions have already been answered by the community. Do we really need to discuss them again? the answers are not going to change, and I dislike sending it back to a vote because democracy is not the best of 3 votes.

the cant, caps and they are not allowed any access to any funding. the only way they can recieve any funds at all is via asking the ZFND. There is nothing for them to move into a bank account.

The MGRC, by design, do not have a savings account are not allowed anywhere near the block rewards. The ZFND handles everything in this regard.

• It has to be in zec. “The recipients may convert that to cash” is the response I got on the live stream. The ECC said it would block the zip if we tried to pay out in fiat.
  • Again the 1 year term is by design, to stop bad actors. The community does not get to vet these people properly, so they are constrained by the zip. Please note **This is why pseudo anonymous applicants are allowed. ** the benefit of constraining the MGRC like this is allows for greater inclusion of potential candidates, hopefully leading to a more diverse MGRC.
  • yes, they are to get “fair compensation for time and expenses” - they are to negotiate this with the ZFND after they are formed.
  • The MGRC cannot change 1014. If a MGRC member wanted to change the zip they will need to to a zip request. However, this is very unlikely to get merged because the community has already decided on 1014. maybe in 12 months it might be up for discussion.
5 Likes