Please refer to MGRC Candidate Q&A Live Streams - Dates and Information for the dates/times of the sessions. This thread will no longer be updated.
Officially calling on @MGRC-Candidates to participate.
The following candidates have agreed to participate.
I am a candidate who is running for a MGRC position. We are now 1 month away from the vote that decides which 5 candidates will be on the Major Grants Committee. I am concerned that those voting for this important position do not have the resources they need to get to know the candidates.
I’d like to organize a series of live streams where sub-sets of candidates come on a video-conference call and take questions from the community. It would be helpful for those voting to get to know the candidates a little bit better in a venue other than the open community video call on Sept. 4th hosted by the Foundation (which will inevitably be crowded if most candidates attend).
Here is my initial vision, subject to changes based on responses in this thread.
- Calls will last 1 hour long and contain no more than 5 candidates (ideally 3-4).
- The content of the calls will focus on community provided questions that I will solicit in this forum and other places where the Zcash community hangs out.
- A moderator will have a list of compiled questions and ask each candidate their answer. There can be rebuttals at the moderator’s discretion.
- Answers will be time-boxed.
- Questions will be the same across calls, even if that cuts the time of the calls down significantly.
If we go forward with these sessions, I will start a new thread to announce the dates/times of the calls and elicit questions.
If you a candidate who is interested in participating please respond in this forum post and private message me contact details (Twitter DM, Telegram username, or Signal number). I will likely only collect names for 7 days to ensure we have time to schedule and run the calls before the Sept. 4th Foundation call.
A last missing piece for this is who the moderator should be. I’d love to get someone who has familiarity running panels for conferences or moderating Q&A sessions/debates. If you have a nomination (or want to nominate yourself) do so in the comments. I will be providing the video conference hosting (likely Zoom) and the live stream capabilities (YouTube), unless the Zcash Foundation has a YouTube channel they would allow me to live stream to.
I’d love to hear feedback on this idea.