Mine through VPS

Is it possible to mine through powerful VPS?

yes (just writing random stuff here due to forum 20 minimum character limit)

Ok, but most VPS providers does not allow for cryptocurrency mining.
Secondly, how much powerful computer could be enough for mining profitable? What specification of a computer to mine zcash?

AWS (Amazon) allows it of what I know, all depends on mainnet launch.

Basically how high the difficulty is.

No one knows until we launch if it’s profitable.

1 Like

How to register with AWS?

AWS registration not accept my credit/debit card number and i won’t be able to proceed forward until i will not make sure the credit/debit card information.

Other cloud providers: Google Cloud,Digital Ocean,OVH, etc… you can try with these… but its curious that your CC is refused …

1 Like

i don;t think so that they will allow me for mining any cryptocurrency.

Why not? I am currently running zcash miner on Digital Ocean. Not sure it is the most economical though.

1 Like

how is your experience over Digital Occean? what VPS package do u have on it?

Because their whole business case is based on sharing one CPU among many droplets. If one droplets consumes 100% CPU for a long time it will be killed cause it violates the ToS contract.

DigitalOcean reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, with or without notice, effective immediately, including but not limited to as a result of your violation of any of these Terms of Service or any law, or if you misuse system resources, such as, by employing programs that consume excessive network capacity, CPU cycles, or disk IO. Any such termination may result in the forfeiture and destruction of information associated with your Account.

If you want to mine crypto you need to buy dedicated server instances which of course is more expensive.

2 Likes

Digital ocean allow mining ?
Do you mining on Digital occean?

No they do not, and all VPS providers that sell cheap virtual machines typically don’t either. You need to buy dedicated resources. Some will kill your vm, some will terminate your account and you loose the money you have spent on purchasing stuff.

1 Like

if i buy dedicated server then the mining software(zcash) will configure easily?

yes, same thing as with a VPS.

Ok good to know thanks

Will you help me regarding configuration when i get dedicated server?

https://github.com/Austin-Williams/zcash-guides/wiki/Guide-to-Solo-Mining-Zcash

https://github.com/Austin-Williams/zcash-guides/wiki/Guide-to-Mining-Zcash-on-Amazon-EC2

1 Like

very nice guide.
It is for Linux. I need this guide using windows.