Miner- Optiminer/Zcash GPU miner v1.7!

1050ti are 75W-85W…Idk what they pull from the wall for 200sols…

my 1060 pull 280sol at 90-95watts each per cards…

going by what people say, 1070 can do 440-450 with 120-130 watts.

yeah thats what I was thinking…

this guy says he is getting 820 sols on 320 watts total system (thats with 4 1050ti’s
so thats probably pulling something between 60-70 per card

so im wondering whats worth it

I wanted to do a “BUDGET ZCASH MINING RIG BUILD” video… thats the other reason why i was thinking 1050ti’s

Would be rude not to. :wink:

With powertune (through atitweak[1]) +50% and -i7 my Nanos are doing a sweeping 435S/s now under linux :smiley:

[1]GitHub - mjmvisser/adl3: ADL (AMD Display Library) 3.0 Python Bindings

Optiminer What is the maximum intensity?
1.4.0 -8 work
1.5.0 does not work -8
1.5.0 -7 work
drivers 5.12

only 282 for my nano… 16.3.2 800/300

whats he best driver if any?

The maximum intensity that works depends on the amount of free memory on the GPU. If you use the computer for other things like browsing the free GPU memory can vary a lot. If you do not run anything else you can usually go up to -i7 on a device with 4GB. 8GB devices should allow accordingly higher, less than 4GB devices lower values.

The benefit of values >5 is pretty small though.

See https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerZcash#recommended-drivers

I should probably print a warning if the miner runs on non-optimal os/driver combination for the device.

do you know how to overclock or undervolt rx400 series cards in ubuntu?

Currently you can’t. When the 4.9 kernel goes mainstream, and AMD follows through, there is supposed to be a Wattman equivalent for linux, but until then (months?), no go without a Windows rom flash to set what you want. Apparently, the 4.9 kernel introduces DRM support, which is what AMD is waiting on before releasing linux Wattman support. I imagine, at that time, you’ll also be able to use the full /sys interface to do what you want. At least all this is my understanding, at this point.

1 Like

Optiminer

All that is put above -i 8
He writes error
mem object allocation failure

8 gb memory system
390 8gb
drivers 15.12
How to solve a problem?
Only mining)

You can try setting:
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

But as I said, intensity > 5 will not give you much advantage.

thats what I was reading I think, thanks @dlehenky

Your welcome! Take care.

works like a charm on ubuntu 16.04 with AMD 16.50 drivers. With stock BIOS on GPU’s: after increasing intensity to -i 7
RX480-8G - 290 S/s
Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury - 440 S/s

Thanks!

1.5 gives me 0 sol/s with latest Crimson drivers on 390

I have the same issue, 1 of 6 GPU fail after few minutes, GPU03, but the miner continue to work with 5 GPU.

This is my configuration.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5
5 X RX 480
1 X R9 Fury
Ubuntu 16.04
I have this issue only on Linux/Optiminer

I don’t have issue with 5 GPU.

Same situation here but in Win10 after few hours.
I have to reboot than.

I had a Windows 10 setup with 5 cards running for a few weeks within any issues whatsoever.

But I then changed to ethos (under Linux) and had issue with GPUs started stopping after a few minutes (whether Optiminer or Claymore made no difference). On reboot all running fine. Then after 5-10 minutes one would shutdown - but the rest keep mining. After another 10-30 minutes another would stop etc until within 2 hours all GPUs would stop.

I found this really odd especially as under Windows it ran for literally weeks without needs any reboot.

I then changed from V3 to V5 risers and that seems to have completely resolved the problem.

So it was almost as if the powered risers would drop out (getting too warm possibly) and operating system/linux detecting the GPU as no longer there. As Windows is more plug and play, possibly same thing was happening, but when the riser cooled again, Windows redetected it and added it back in as a working GPU.

So changing risers worked for me and it wasn’t optiminer or claymore miner that was the problem.

This may not be the same issue you have, but something to look at if nothing else works to resolve it.

Dear @Optiminer,
I’m building a new rig mixing 3 old GPU cards(GCN 2). and new 2 GPU cards(GCN 4).
Should I install on the same Ubuntu 16.01 amdgpu-pro and fgrlx driver?
What I have to do?
thx