Official site: https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy
SILENTARMY is a free open source Zcash miner for Linux with multi-GPU and Stratum support. It is written in OpenCL and has been tested on AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs, Xeon Phi, and more.
Important changes in v5:
Major 2× speedup on some GPUs (thanks eXtremal):
- 115 sol/s on R9 Nano
- 75 sol/s on RX 480
- 70 sol/s on GTX 1070
- Large CPU usage reduction: it should now be close to zero (except Nvidia: https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy/issues/54)
- Major PCIe bandwidth reduction: from 100 MB/s to 500 kB/s per GPU
- Implement stratum.reconnect
Full changelog: https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
Be sure to check the README for installation instructions: https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy/blob/master/README.md
SILENTARMY was initially written as a command line solver for the Zcash open source miner challenge. Its OpenCL kernel is more optimized than any other public Equihash solver, so as a result it was integrated into multiple other miners: Zogminer, Genoil's miner, eXtremal's miner, etc. But now I have developed SILENTARMY into a full miner of its own.
Update: Claymore has been using some of SILENTARMY's code without respecting the MIT license, but the issue is now resolved: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1672931.0
SILENTARMY has been tested and is known to work with various pools:
Mining on my test machine (RX 480 8GB and R9 Nano at stock clocks):
The initial version of this post has been preserved below the line, for historical reasons:
Some of you might recognize my handle from the Bitcoin community. I wrote hdminer which was at one point the fastest GPU miner (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2949.0) and I introduced and documented the technique of down-plugging PCIe x16 GPUs via x1 extenders (from my password brute forcing research: http://blog.zorinaq.com/whitepixel-breaks-286-billion-passwordsec/).
Well, I am pleased to announce my submission to the Zcash miner challenge.
SILENTARMY is an OpenCL solver that runs best on AMD GPUs. The code is unoptimized - this is a version I just got running for the first time this morning (12 hours ago) and I spent the entire day tweaking some settings and running tests. The performance is:
- 45.7 Sol/s with one R9 Nano, stock firmware
- 39.6 Sol/s with one RX 480, stock firmware
This is with the AMDGPU-PRO driver 16.30 on 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04. I plan to turn it into a fully featured miner ASAP. For now it is time for me to go to bed
Miners integrating the SILENTARMY OpenCL kernel:
* Genoil's miner: https://github.com/Genoil/ZECMiner
* Zogminer: https://forum.zcashcommunity.com/t/silentarmy-45-7-sol-s-with-one-r9-nano/3580/222 (code at https://github.com/nginnever/zogminer)
* eXtremal's miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1660023.0