Miner- SILENTARMY v5

just dual boot ubuntu to your windows installation… in windows go to diskmanagement, … click on your windows partition and shrink/resize it… take out like 15-20 gigs and install ubuntu… take 12-16 gigs for EXT4 partition, and the rest use as swap partition… direct the boot partition to whatever disk your efi is on, probably the same as your windows installation unless you use raid and stick it somewhere else

300+ sols/s on 7-GPU rig, wondering how long it will last before crash

guide to install ubuntu? heh… its easier than a windows installation these days… less clicking, and no need to uninstall useless crap

1 Like

Running on 2x 470 4G, 2 instances. 90S/S instead of 85 with zogminer.
Same power draw.

@mrb Is the VRAM usage the same than silentarmy v2? (just to know how many instances to run.

Actually the solrate fluctuates between 86 and 92.

But I have …sudo apt-get install build-essential libsodium-dev installed already…

any help?

did you install amdappsdk?

yes please…
20ch 20 ch

No Just AMDGPU pro 16.40…

I have it running on 2 mining rigs, not sure what I am doing wrong on this one.

When you install Ubuntu do you select the option “Install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10” ? OR do you manually create the EXT4 and Swap partitions?

Because I am getting some weird lock errors when installing some deps and the mouse doesn’t want to move.

Yes please bro, that would be great…Never used linux before and windows has been crashing since day 1 for me… youtube or a step by step guild would be awesome.

Also how you OC your cards please (470s too)

Thanks so much…

Ubuntu 16.04

Download the AMDGPU-PRO Driver (as of 30 Oct 2016, the latest version is 16.40)

Extract it: $ tar xf amdgpu-pro-16.40-348864.tar.xz

Install (non-root, will use sudo access automatically): $ ./amdgpu-pro-install

Add yourself to the video group if not already a member: $ sudo gpasswd -a $(whoami) video

Reboot

Download the AMD APP SDK (as of 27 Oct 2016, the latest version is 3.0)

Extract it: $ tar xf AMD-APP-SDKInstaller-v3.0.130.136-GA-linux64.tar.bz2

Install system-wide by running as root (accept all the default options): $ sudo ./AMD-APP-SDK-v3.0.130.136-GA-linux64.sh

Install compiler dependencies which you will need to compile SILENTARMY: $ sudo apt-get install build-essential libsodium-dev

git clone AMD-APP-SDK-v3.0.130.136-GA-linux64.tar.bz2

I guess?

i can do a youtube tomorrow, but ive been awake now for 24+ hours so tonights out of the question

No you need to download directly from AMD website using your browser. Its a pain in the ass to download it when you are headless

wow thanks so much dude…lol batman…

I have been going crazy babysitting these cards ffs…driving me crazy…

Thanks…

i know how it feels…

download and extract and follow instructions above or on marcs github page

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/

hehe yeah, I will start reading up today about Ubuntu and try my best until you can get a video going. Thanks bro.

get some sleep batman lol

its so easy

1. shrink an existing partition in windows (are you using windows 10? if so right click on teh start menu and go to disk management… click on your windows partition and click on shrink… shrink 20 gigs out of it)

2. download pendrive linux usbinstaller

3. download ubuntu 16.04

4. use pendrive linux usbinstaller in windows to create bootable ubuntu USB

5. stick USB in

6. press the function key when booting to get the boot selector

7. select UEFI (your usb)

8. boot into ubuntu installer

9. click continue a bunch of times til you get to partitioner

10… partition 16 gigs of that 20 gigs to ext 4, select format and select “/” as what to put on the partiiton (root)

1. take the remaining 4 gigs and partition it as swap

2. click contine

3. finish installation

4. dual boot done, boot into ubuntu and follow amd drivers instrucitons above

5. install marcs dependecies

6. download and make silentarmy

7. run silent army

pretty easy huh?

sleep is for humans

1 Like

nvidia version pls…

hahaha, thanks bro ill give it a go.

Thats the easy part, the hard part for me is the last 3.

install marcs dependecies
download and make silentarmy
run silent army

Can’t you just shrink the drive and select the option “Install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10” which does the partition table automatiacally for you?