Miner- Zogminer: Linux SILENTARMY

It works

R9-390 gets around 16.8ish
RX470 around the same and RX480 slighlty higher (~18.5H/s)

It is drawing 25-30% less watts than ETH so I guess it has more in it

trolloniex can you share your OS and AMD versions please. I have 4 r9 290x and hoping to run Ubuntu 14.0x

FYI: Open Source ZEC (ZCash) GPU Miner AMD & NVidia (up to 45 sol/s on RX480)
You might want to reach out. Seem to be @ around 16-17 H/s on 290 cards.

It works on windows :slight_smile:

I have already reviewed and posted about that above.

have you tested that the solution indices pass zcashd verifier? is it mining blocks?

This solver is a port of tromp solver. It uses a smaller number of buckets. I am working on a different set up but we are all using the same idea

2 Likes

http://coinsforall.io/#!/coin/ZCASH

“difficulty” : 8694.15781747,

My guess is works :joy:

1 Like

What works the miner did you try it on a rig if so where can i try this!!

Thank you

I am getting 18-19 sols on a RX470 with the other mentioned miner, and yes if the coinsforall pool is setup correctly it verifies on that pool as well.

Rather than re-inventing the wheel, might want to merge efforts as the other program has a windows exe ready to go and decent performance that I am sure can be improved upon with collaboration.

2 Likes

What software are you using to mine could you please share the link
thx

18-19H/s is still a long shot from 30H/s. I will continue with my build thanks. The problem is they are using tromp solver. And nobody knows tromp solver better than tromp. I have studied his implementation and it looks good. I am already trying a more optimized approach

Does your miner workd for multiple cards now

Where are you getting 30, the last result I seen you post said you were only getting 13.5 on a RX480.

Tromp is adding Xenoncats blake2b implementation into his solver and I think he is up enormously compared to his.

I think it will be good to continue your own though, just for diversifications sake.

Thanks again for all your and other people’s work.

@CryptoYeti: What is your setup? OS, driver, RX470 make and memory size? 4GB or 8GB?

1 Like

I have tried it on both Win 10 and Win 7 machines, cards tested include MSI RX470 4 GB and Sapphire RX470 4GB OC so far, All pretty much land in the same 18-19 sols range per GPU. Driver is either 16.10.1, 16.10.2 or 16.9.1 depending on rig.

Edit: I shoudl add that I am doing this testing on current ETH mining rigs, so I also have applied the 1500 memory strap BIOS mod to these GPUs, I have some new cards coming in tomorrow I can try with the default BIOS, but I expect results to be about the same.

1 Like

what miner you use! link thank YOu

From what I have seen mining Ethereum with my RX480 8GB cards the core clock has little impact on performance.
The memory speed directly impacts the mining performance however. Do you see similar effects mining zCash?

Ex. (NOTE: this is ETHEREUM)
Factory: Stix RX480 8GB:
Cor: 1310 Mhz
Mem: 2000 Mhz
Hashrate: 23.3 MH/s

Cor: 1310 Mhz
Mem: 2200 Mhz (10% increase)
Hashrate: 25.6 MH/s (10% increase)

Cor: 1100 Mhz (16% reduction in core speed)
Mem: 2200 Mhz
Hashrate: 25.1 MH/s (2% reduction in performance)

The cards are running very cool. 50 degrees.

How is the power consumption for a RX470 card?
Considering where as to buy RX470 8GB cards for the higher memory speed or RX480 4GB (same price as RX470 4GB).

What is you take on the matter?

So far I have seen the most improvement increasing the core clocks, not saying increasing memory clocks does not help, but with ETH I run core low and memory high, this miner seems to like both high. As far as power I reduced consumption about 40-50 watts per card running the Zcash open source miner versus the Claymore ETH miner with same settings.

So my 6 GPU rig draws ~ 810 Watts on Eth and only ~580 using the Zcash miner. Increasing the core clocks drives this up a little, but I am still comfortably under 620 watts even pushing the cards hard (1300/1950) when mining test Zcash.

I think the optimum settings are yet to be found and I am hopeful further improvements happen on the software side as well.

470 8gb with mod bios = 19.8sol
Memory 2190Mhz
Core = stock

@CryptoYeti and @alexfox Thanks for sharing! I have no experience in the RX470 cards. But they seem to be slightly more effiicient when it comes to performance per Watt compared to the RX480 cards. Do you agree?

Also when you say Bios mod. Do you mean that you got a hold of some of the early RX cards that was actually 8GB versions but modded in bios to inactivate 4GB on the cards so they could get out the 4GB version out on the market. And that you modded them back to be 8GB version. Or do you mean some other kind of mod?