New to Mining - Appreciate all the advice

Hi,

First of all, apologies if I have posted in the wrong section, and please if there is already a similar post that I am asking for advice on then please point me in the right direction.

I haven’t mined before and this is my first rodeo. I have always worked in IT and thought that I have blade servers and VM’s that are coming more redundant as we as a business are moving to AWS.

So my question is that how do I go about mining on blade servers/VM’s?? I have a few that are not in use and thought while they are just sitting there I may as well spin some up and start mining.

So could someone please point me in the right direction on how I would firstly go about setting one of these servers up? What software do I need and is the most reliable? then would it be best to join a mining pool??

Anyway I would appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Solo mining is a waste of time and energy. Your best bet would be to buy a Zcash ASIC or use a service like NiceHash.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your help/advice.

What would you recommend be better from either option?

I guess Zcash ASIC I would need to purchase hardware, right? Also how much would it cost and where could I purchase it from??

Also regarding NiceHash, it seems that I just need a server, and that’s it, right? I just install the software.

I am just thinking as I have all the server power as mentioned we moving everything to the cloud and was thinking with the resources I already have what would be the best option for me?

Thanks