NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti GPUs

Power limit - 115%
Core clock - 120%
Memory clock - 500%
Fans - 100%

Your TDP is set to 85% on MSI Afterburner but is at least at 100% on EWBF.
Something is going wrong .

New BIOS version I’m trying :wink:

Nice EFFICIENCY, I don’t ask to see how many they pull at 115% to the PSU :wink:

May be U could show me better EFFICIENCY at 250 Watts - 750 Sol/s - 60C, can’t wait to see… :wink:

Maybe you still on your own cloud :cloud: :sunny:

1 Like

Very smart, I’ll try that and see how it goes :wink:

Well, I got much better efficiency, I hope it would run stable :slight_smile:

1 Like

+80 is very little for core clock, try to put memory clock to a negative, -502 and bump the core clock to 180 and work up or down from there depending on stability and sol/s

*Edit: I realized that you might have a good custom 1080ti so +180 might be troublesome to run

1 Like

It crushes when i cut the memory clock negative, but is stable on + 100% core clock

I know that case. It’s a NZXT 340S. I had the exact same setup at one stage and the bottom card 1. can’t breath and 2. is getting the heat from the front of the top card. Moved 6 cards into a 4RU server case and now they run around 75°C OC’d. Much better!

Hi, thank you for your responce aswell, How do you feel about using just 6pin conector without any adaptor? My risers have 6pin powered connections.

We just made a video for how to build a 8 x 1080 TI Rig using Asus z270-p ( No sound )

Cryptocurrency mining rig

Hardware Description :

8 x GTX 1080 TI Strix
1 x Asus z270-p
1 x Intel G3200
1 x 8 GB Ram
1 x 120GB SSD
4 x PSU Corsair 750w
3 x ATX 24-Pin Dual PSU Power Synchronous
8 x PCIE Risers
2 x M.2 to PCI-E

Software Description:

• Windows 10 Pro x64
  • EWBF 0.3.4
  • MSI Afterburn
  • Nvidia Drivers WHQL 382.53
1 Like

Just some update. I got a hold of MSI Sea Hawk 1080 ti ( water cooled )

I got 725 sols/s out of the box. Both on win&linux.

The downside that it comes with 3pin (no PWM) for the air cooled unit is not a BIG deal.

Because, with PWM you can only set the RPM lower. By definition 4pin low will make fan speed to be 100% on 3pin connectors.

The problem is, it is not enough IMO having 60C. Either I need an extra fan on the other side of the unit or boost the voltage of the current one (but risk damaging it, even worst damaging the card if left unintended ).

Linux NVIDIA drivers are slightly better than Windows, however it comes at a price that the system becomes a bit less responsive if you do plan to browse and do something while mining. Windows experienced less lag in that respect.

The best is the NVIDIA control panel in linux.
Run: sudo nvidia-xconfig --cool-bits=12

you need to reboot open the control panel and you do have access to all OC options of the video card… sweet.

Only marginal OC boost the card > 750 sol/s. More heat though :frowning:

I might experiment with under-voltage as they do for the ATI cards to minimize on power consumption and heat.

1 Like

Hello.
I have just updated my gtx 1080 ti extreme setups: voltage + 30, gpu + 80, memory +600 and power usage… haven’t change. may be, +5W. Something strange, I thought voltage overclock will increase power usage.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

How many sols are you getting. I can’t seem to get over 770-780 without high fluctuations.

Hello. 730 - 745 Sol/s

I had an idea and wanted to run this by you, as maybe you tried this. I have four EVGA 1080Ti hybrid’s on a single MSI board and had been debating a fifth one, but then read your post. Do you think that I could buy a fifth corsair hydro or MSI seahawk watercooled version and plug it into the same board, but run MSI afterburner separately just for this card while running the EVGA Precision X software for the remaining four cards to get these five cards to work? In other words, will the presence of a fifth non-EVGA card avoid making the precision XOC software say “too many cards” while letting you still OC the four EVGA’s? I would hate to have to replace all four of my EVGA’s just for wanting to expand to 5-6 cards.

Thanks.