One of my posts has vanished - no it didnt I deleted it

Hi,

I am sure I posted a response in this thread

two days before dontbeevil. I cant find my message now. It was along the lines of if we get z-addrs is zcash in a finished state? Is that the one goal of all the code development resources, etc.

Maybe there is a glitch? I assume it would have been moved if off topic or Id have been notified if flagged? maybe I deleted it and cant remember. idk. I do remember writing it and posting it. but I cant find it in my last 4 days posting history. (did I delete it and forget about it?)

I know this forum is very anti censorship and I am no way saying it was secretly removed. Im probably just being stupid or maybe there is a bug. idk.

1 Like

@Shawn @paige what’s the best way for us to look into this?

1 Like

You have my full permission to go through my PM’s and account history. but please be discreet with my PM’s, don’t look at ones that are obviously just me talking to a non ECC employee.

Thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I don’t think we need to look at your private messages at all. I’m digging into the admin view of your account now, but I’m not as experienced with it as mineZcash and Paige, so I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to figure out what happened. It’s possible that the post was flagged by other users, but I think you’d have been notified of that? Will let you know if I find anything.

1 Like

It it helps narrow down the timeframe, it would have been around a similar time to me liking the post. I may have gone to edit it and clicked delete, or similar. ive been doing so many different things at once. when posts get deleted are they actually removed from the database or just marked deleted? I assume the latter.

thanks for looking into this.

Yes, it looks like you deleted it soon after you posted it.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to look into it.

I wonder why I deleted it. Sorry for wasting your time.

1 Like

And, to answer your second question, posts are never fully deleted from the database they are just no longer visible to anyone but admins.

2 Likes