EDITED 12/19/16, My rig is coming together
I'm starting to piece together a mining rig here's what I ordered, planned, and thinking about:
- Motherboard: Asrock H81 Pro BTC R 2.0
- CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
- 16GB of RAM (2x8GB... I have plans...I know it's overkill for now)
- SSD Sandisk PLUS 120GB ( I know it's overkill, but I got it for as cheap as a HDD, $44 USD)
* 3 X GPU: Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury
*Pci-e USB3.0 risers
* 620 Watt Antec
* 1000 Watt EVGA Supernova G2
* Windows 7 (it's what I have on hand)
* Wire Cage rack I bought from the local hardware store
...... I have all this, but think I'm missing a few things, like a power switch since I'm not using a case.
Things I'm considering:
Miner: Claymore (probably latest version v9.1 at time of writing)
Wallet: (Update), decided to keep it simple and use JAXX wallet, thanks for the suggestions.
Pools: I'm researching some that are on this board... some decent ones that are starting...
Other thoughts: Hopefully.. from what I've seen each R9 Fury should be doing about 330 Sol/s, for a total of about 990 Sol/s... With that kind of power, Solo mining would still be out of the question, correct? I'm guessing I'd still be a part of a pool even with close to 1000.
Thanks to anyone and everyone in the community, cheers to fellow miners!