Price Speculation

Many of the smaller funds are still concerned with the current Zcash inflation rate and waiting until the mining rewards halve in October 2020. The big desks are necessary for building the rails and liquidity needs to help move Zcash from a speculative asset to a viable long-term store of value.

Did I understand it correct, ZCash will halving mining rewards in 2020?
oh…

My ROI is 2 Years at under 50$ price and current difficulty and hashrate.
it means I can recoup money only in 2 years, at December 2020…

If ZCash will do halving, it means my money recoup takes a little bit longer that 2 Years?..

Not sure if you saw the “test” difficutly spike some hours ago, but with a ROI in 2 years you seem too optimistic in my opinion … No idea what your electricity costs are but i hope they are well below $0.1 per kw/h or you will … never ROI…

Not sure if you saw the “test” difficutly spike some hours ago, but with a ROI in 2 years you seem too optimistic in my opinion … No idea what your electricity costs are but i hope they are well below $0.1 per kw/h or you will … never ROI…

my electricity is 0.02$/kWh and that is why I am dare to say that my ROI is about 2 Years )
if electricity is more than 0.1$/kWh, ZCash must do something…

Yes, I believe that Coinbase should help. I have some data that suggests that most Coinbase users have limited knowledge of Zcash. We’re working to address that.

We are also pushing hard to get wallet and exchange adoption for shielded addresses. Until the Sapling activation, it was too computationally intensive. We’re releasing a reference wallet and libraries in Q1 to help providers support Zcash shielded txs. They also need to hear from their users, that this is desirable. We’ve aligned a business development plan to this end as well.

We’re also working on getting Zcash more accessible through more payments providers - but I highly encourage you to reach out to your favorites. There are some out there, but from what I can tell, little volume. Mainstream adoption is still a bit out.

2 Likes

It’s basically the same as bitcoin. Halving occurs every four years.

I know its a long shot, but how about creating a decentralized exchange that accepts shielded addresses, where other altcoins would be paired agains Zcash ?

I would love to see that. You can do that with ShapeShift today, btw.

It’s basically the same as bitcoin. Halving occurs every two years.

will halving take place if no body mines any cryptocurrency, for example ZCash?
just a question…

btw. I typed that incorrectly at first. It’s four years. The monetary policy is baked into the protocol.

I know its a long shot, but how about creating a decentralized exchange that accepts shielded addresses, where other altcoins would be paired agains Zcash ?

nice idea :+1:

Just 2 direct, mostly not very comfortable questions, if you don’t mind:

1.) I’am more concerned about fake/inflated volume on some exchanges that are as big as 50% of whole ZEC Volume, at least. Especially Lbank, Bithumb. While in short term this might be help ZEC in long term and for the real big investors this should be a red flag, not?

2.) Just in theory, is there any difference from your point of view if the rewards go to miners or would it be different if we had a POS design and these rewards would go to stake holders?
P.S.: I’am well aware that POS isn’t an option for ZEC the next 2 years, but i would like to hear your opinion from a different point of view on such matter, be it even long term.

1. The big investors I speak with have never raised the issue. Their investment thesis isn’t tied to current exchange volume. For some, liquidity is a concern but that’s managed off-exchange through OTC.

2. Personally, I think there are pros and cons to PoW and PoS. We’re watching other projects who are using both hybrid models as well as those moving to staking-based systems. There are a number investors who prefer the latter.

4 Likes

posted a medium article about StarkWare who’s primary focus is bringing scalability to DEXs using StarkWare

AMA is live, head over there to ask questions:

1 Like

Dont call my country Serbia 3th world country…from which country you are??

And Zec was popular here from day 1 …people see it as new BTC but better with real decentralisation and not fake like on BTC…people even sell used stuff for Zec on websites and so on … but its all gone …i dont think anyone cares about Zec any more here …now is only BTC and ETH…i sold all my Zec months ago and want buy back.

1 Like

I think this article fits pretty good here:

7 posts were going to a bit off the “Price Speculation” topic and were merged into a new topic: Zcash as a Payment System

Might be an interesting read for some:

Nice to see green, but how long it will last…