Problem with Mining rig

Mine are Version V006.

1 Like

Hm, crap.

Check the soldering on the back, and on the front right under the slot.
Here is an example of an faulty board with a super bad soldering job.

This is the front, with ripped off slot to see the soldering points.

checked that with a magnifying glas and the soldering on the V006 is pretty solid

What about your PSU config?

If you are running 2 PSUs, use all raisers on one PSU.
Also leave those SATA/molex connectors away, and use molex right off the PSU.

i have the EVGA 1600 T2 so i don’t need dual PSU
i am using the Molex connectors from the PSU and not the Sata/Molex connectors

1 Like

i also got a usb cable (gold contacts etc $38 lol) just to test if the usb cable is faulty like some have suggested but made no difference

Solid PSU. :tada:

Have not seen any kind of mirroring in such a case. 2 Sol/s is pretty bad. As the raisers are V6 and have solid solderings, my next guess would be the mainboard, or more specific the BIOS. Are you running the latest BIOS? I think it should be version F2 for your board.

Yes updated to F2, no changes
I think the 2Sol is a problem within the miner programming.
I forgot to change the use on the start sequence from -use 0,1,2,3,4,5 to 0,1 to test the 2 cards and the miner did show 3 gpu and mined 2sol on the 3rd, 0 on the second gpu which is/ would be the card on the riser

I see.

I just checked the BIOS options for this board.

Looks very limited. The only PCIE setting I could find was the initial display output. :confused:

yep not much of setting
i assume the setting for Gen runs on auto and as it seems that auto fails with setting the correct Gen this board is useless and will not work with risers

All boards run with risers.

Set GEN 3

i can’t set anything on that board trolloniex

Made some research, and it looks like the board is used for 6 GPU mining rigs without problems.

Currently I am using GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard,
which supports up to 6 graphic cards and I have had ZERO trouble using
1X risers or even 4X/8X risers just fine without any shorting wires nor
powered risers.

http://highoncoins.com/litecoin-rig/how-to-build-crate-litecoin-rig-with-5-or-6-graphic-cards/

Does the system boot up with all the risers on it ? or no display ?

Does it beep ?

that is a different board mine is the 990FX gaming

Ah, sorry, were just looking for the model number. :bread:

if i have 1 rx480 in the PCIe slot i can boot
if i have 1 rx480 in the PCIe slot and 1 riser (does not matter where) i can boot but the card on the riser is not present
if i have 1 rx480 in the PCIe slot and 2 or more risers the system will fail to boot and display 0d which indicates it fails loading cpu
if i have only risers on the board and NO rx480 plugged directly into a PCIe slot the board will turn on but then stay silent without any code, the led where the code is displayed is blank

Š 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1/PCIEX16_2)

• For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be
    sure to install it in the PCIEX16_1 slot; if you are installing two PCI Express graphics
    cards, it is recommended that you install them in the PCIEX16_1 and PCIEX16_2
    slots.
    Š 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
  • The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_3 slot. When PCIEX1_3 is
    populated with a PCI Express expansion card, the PCIEX4 slot will operate at up
    to x2 mode.
    Š 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
    (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)

So you are going to install risers in PCIEX16_1 PCIEX16_2 PCIEX16_3 for starters, so we can test.

Be sure you are putting them the right way around or you will burn the slot.

even 1 single riser on the board in PCIe 1 with no other cards or risers and the board will fail