Problems installing Zcash according youtube video on Ubuntu 16.04

ok so it means the whole procedure again ok thanks a lot for this message lets see if it will work out.

Have a nice day, if not then I will return to you if you don't mind

ok so far I have got but now it shows this hope you can help me, manlabor,

best regards, Günter

You need to add gen=1 to your zcash.conf file if you want to solo mine.

Those commands are failing because you shut off the server in that terminal (crtl-c). Start zcashd and let it run in that terminal. Open a new terminal and run your zcash-cli commands from there. Post a screenshot of getinfo just to double check your setup.

ok this is my getinfo from zcash-cli, if you think I need to change something just inform me please

Looks like your up and running. Depending on your hash rate, maybe work on setting up a pool miner.

Good morning manlabor by the way my name is Guenter and I am from Germany, so how do I setup a pool miner as I am brandnew in this material.

Wouldnt really mind if you could help and support me how to do it!

best regards, Guenter

This one doesn't require you to sign up. It uses your zcash address. Scroll down to see setup guides.

http://zcash.flypool.org/

hi again, so when do they pay and where can I see the balance I have done so far from nheqminer?

Maybe someone here can help me with my setup. I've installed zcash and see the splash screen above for zcashd, but I have 0 transactions and no peers. Do I need to open a port in my firewall?
Here's the thread I started:

have you already started mining? You will have to open a 2nd terminal to see if it is running. maybe you can post a screenshot so it will be far easier

You can enter your t-address in the check status box to see how your doing. Payouts setting are on the status screen for your address. After that it depends on your hash/solve rate.

Use command zcash-cli getinfo and post a screenshot

thanks a lot now its working fine, is there also any status for zcash, I mean as I also do mining here?

what is your opinion about suprnova pool?

Here's my zcash-cli getinfo output:

brian@Vaio-Server:~/zcash$ ./src/zcash-cli getinfo
{
"version" : 1000028,
"protocolversion" : 170002,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 0,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 0,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 1.00000000,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1477761106,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00005000,
"errors" : "This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications"
}
brian@Vaio-Server:~/zcash$

Looks like I'm running an old version.... I'll try updating tonight. (Thanks Barry)

Now I am really confused as there are so many new versions, so what is the most favourable to take at the moment?

I installed on Ubuntu, thought things were gong great until the doing the copy and paste bit to the folder, I keep getting a message saying no such file or directory

then when I go to the home folder to create that text file, when I right click there is prompt which says no shown hidden files in folder.

and I am unable to generate a T addr or Z addr I could really use some help, having some problems understanding the exact things I need to do to get back on track, I was doing great until the video om youtube was no longer following the Ubuntu..

I would greatly appreciate any help, is there a webpage that has photos and directions? is there is could some please let me know.

I am having some memory a Thank you for you time and patience,

hello, so if I am understanding this right, there are a few updated zcash wallets out there? are you installing on Ubuntu? or another system.....

I am struggling to get my wallet installed, I have hit a wall and cannot seem to figure anything out past a certain point.

all I can tell you is, that I wasn't using that video anymore. Just use the guide means to go here first:

Get started

Debian-based operating systems

Follow the instructions here: https://github.com/zcash/zcash/wiki/Debian-binary-packages

after this go on and start going through from that point mentioned here, in User Guide:

Compile it yourself

On Ubuntu/Debian-based systems:

$ sudo apt-get install \
build-essential pkg-config libc6-dev m4 g++-multilib \
autoconf libtool ncurses-dev unzip git python \
zlib1g-dev wget bsdmainutils automake

best of luck just go through point by point and then it should work out, did it more than just one time, ah and maybe use the command I have received from a user:

sudo apt-get update

and

sudo apt-get upgrade

After this I could install it without any problems